A Sweeter Wednesday #26
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- And Happy (late) Mother’s Day (AKA women’s day) to all of you women. The highlight of my day was watching my husband and kids make buttermilk waffles Sunday morning. Gosh, it was the funniest thing ever! My husband kept complaining that the recipe was “way too complicated.” (It’s not complicated at all, by the way). It took them a solid 30 minutes to make the batter because nobody knew where any of the ingredients were located in the kitchen. 🤣 My sweet husband hasn’t had to cook or bake for 8 years. However, this Sunday I was feeling very lazy so I figured it was time someone else took over the kitchen.
- Shout out to Jenn on Instagram who shared a photo of the 3 Salt & Baker recipes she made over the weekend: lemon cookies, candied pecans, and Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding! Girl, you’re amazing!
- Every year when the weather warms up I start freaking out because I have maybe 5 short sleeve shirts in my closet. I easily prefer long sleeve and long pants, and my closet shows it. Where can I buy lightweight, (not see-through), short sleeves shirts? Not too tight, long enough, but cute? 😂 I sound like the pickiest woman alive, I know.
- Started reading Kristina Kumzic’s book, “Hold On But Don’t Hold Still: Hope and Humor from My Seriously Flawed Life.” What are you reading?
- You guys survived Salad Week! I posted 7 recipes in 7 days. I apologize for bombarding your email. I’m pretty confident it won’t happen again😊 . Putting together 7 recipes back to back was no easy feat. However, I hope you get the chance to make some of the recipes I shared.
Recipes shared on Salt & Baker over the last 2-3 weeks. Warning: there’s a lot! 🎉
- Kale Pesto –
- Grape Salad – classic recipe featuring a creamy sweetened sauce that coats juicy grapes.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – my mom makes this salad EVERY Christmas for our annual “Christmas Dinner”.
- Broccoli Caesar Salad – if running short on time just remember, you don’t have to make the homemade dressing. Just use a bottle of store-bought caesar dressing if you’d like.
- Tomato, Olive, and Artichoke Salad – so good! These ingredients plus mozzarella pearls are marinated in Italian dressing. Basically the perfect summer salad.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – refreshing salad with a lightened up greek yogurt dressing.
- Tuna Avocado Macaroni Salad – lots of veggies in this salad! I love the avocado in this recipe so much. Note, you don’t have to add the tuna. Totally optional.
- Crunchy Cabbage Salad – cabbage is topped with sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, crisp ramen noodles, and a homemade dressing. It’s good! This is my aunt’s “signature” recipe.
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies – a fun take on chocolate chip cookies.
- Lemon Cookies – If you like lemon flavored goodies, you will love these soft cookies. They’re easy to make and packed with bold lemon flavor (thanks to the fresh lemon zest and juice)!
- Lemon Jello Cake – super moist lemon cake. THIS CAKE IS GOOD!!
- Virgin Mint Julep – mint infused drink that should be enjoyed all year round. Personally, I want to make it over Memorial Day weekend.
Things I find on the internet and like!
A lemon tart to top all lemon tarts! (Alanna happens to be one of my favorite food photographers, her work is mezmerizing).
Been obsessed with these shrimp fajitas. I could eat them every day for a week.
Got this short sleeve shirt and now I want to buy 2 more. Comfortable, soft, and short sleeves! 🙌🏼
All the heart eyes for this pink rhubarb pie 😍 😍
Been on the hunt for jogger pants, do you have any you love? Particularly ones that are comfortable and lightweight (as in, I can wear them in Texas heat) …
Have a beautiful week!