Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Spiced Glaze
This pumpkin coffee cake with cinnamon spiced glaze is everything you want during the autumn season. It’s warm, moist, and spiced to perfection!
I’m at it again with another pumpkin recipe. If you haven’t seen my other pumpkin posts, be sure to check them out! I have an amazing recipe for soft pumpkin cookies and mini pumpkin spice no-bake cheesecakes.
I can’t get enough pumpkin. I’m opening a can of pumpkin puree once a week.
It seems as though I never finish up an entire can, so I’m left stewing over ideas on how to use the remaining pumpkin. (Not a bad problem to have if you ask me)! Stay tuned… pumpkin crepes are coming very soon! Right now let’s talk about this pumpkin spice pecan streusel coffee cake with cinnamon spiced glaze. (Gah! That title is a mile long). The great thing about coffee cake is this:
- It’s delicious!
- You can eat it for breakfast because duh… coffee cake.
- There’s sugar IN the cake AND on top of the cake.
- It’s inevitable, this cake is loved by everyone.
For this pumpkin coffee cake add the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Next, you’ll add the wet ingredients. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
Spread the batter into a 9″ x 13″ pan. Using your hands, mix the streusel ingredients together, breaking up the butter until it resembles the size of peas. Evenly distribute the streusel topping over the batter. Place in the oven, and wait patiently. All ovens vary, so I would keep a close eye on this cake. I baked mine for 25 minutes. I would check at the 21 minute mark.
Using a toothpick, poke the center of the cake, if the toothpick comes out with moist crumbs, it’s done! You don’t want to over bake this cake, or any other cake for that matter.
As the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking the ingredients together. Drizzle over the cake, and serve!
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Spiced Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pecan Streusel Topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 T unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 T milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13" pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Using the paddle attachment on medium low speed, mix until the wet ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a spatula, spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine the streusel ingredients into a medium size bowl. Using your hands, mix until the butter resembles the size of peas. Evenly distribute the streusel mixture over the cake batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick is inserted into the center and it comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs on it. Let the cake cool as you prepare the glaze.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking the glaze ingredients. Using a spoon, carefully drizzle the glaze over the cake. Serve immediately.