The most delicious and refreshing blueberry crisp! It's topped with an irresistible crumble too. Served with a scoop of ice cream and you have a perfect spring/summer treat!
prep time 15 mins
cook time 35 mins
total time 50 mins
servings: 8 servings
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (frozen works too)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 (heaping) cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed (1 stick of butter)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray or butter a 9"x6" inch pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
Place the blueberry mixture into the prepared baking pan. Spread into an even layer. Set aside.
In a medium size bowl add the flour, oats, brown sugar, sat, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
Add the cold cubed butter. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture until the butter is a tad larger than the size of peas.
Evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture over the blueberries. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown and the blueberry juices are bubbling.
Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream!
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram and tag @saltandbaker and hashtag it #saltandbaker.