Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
These cheesy scrambled eggs are a high protein, filling breakfast! Plus this recipe produces a soft scrambled egg, not one that is stiff and dry.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon butter - salted or unsalted
- 4 eggs - (I use large eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - more or less to your liking
- pinch fresh ground pepper - more or less to your liking
- 1/4 cup cheese - freshly grated. Cheddar, Colby Jack, pepper jack, goat cheese, feta (really any kind of cheese will work here)
In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
In a nonstick skillet set over medium low heat add the butter. Once melted stir in the egg mixture, using a silicone spatula stir the eggs right away. Continue stirring and moving the egg mixture slowly but constantly. Cook for 2 mins.
Add the cheese and continue stirring, cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. The eggs will continue to cook even once removed from the heat. Serve warm, topped with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Grate your own cheese. Pre-shredded has a weird coating that makes it harder to melt.
We don't add water, milk or cream because it increases the water content of the egg mixture, making your finished eggs more watery and making you think you need to keep cooking your eggs to cook the water out. This results in over cooked scrambled eggs.
Whisk your egg mixture really well before cooking as this will add air pockets, making fluffy scrambled eggs.