Butternut Squash and Kale
Butternut squash is so yummy! Pair it with kale and you have a delicious (and healthy) meal or side dish!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups butternut squash - diced about 1/2-1 inch
- 1 bundle kale - stamps removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt - divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the butternut squash. Season the squash with chili powder, garlic powder, ½ tsp kosher salt, and pepper. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until the squash is somewhat tender when pierced with a fork.
In a large bowl combine the chopped kale, olive oil, and ½ tsp kosher salt. Using your hands, massage the kale for 1 minute.
Add the kale to the butternut squash. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the kale has wilted slightly. Taste, and season as you’d like. Serve warm!