Sweet & Sour Meatballs
An easy weeknight dinner that tastes delicious! This slow cooker meatball recipe is loaded with pineapple, peppers, and a homemade sweet and sour sauce.
Servings: 8 servings
- 32 oz frozen pre-cooked meatballs - (50 meatballs)
- 20 oz pineapple tidbits - (just 1 can, drain and SAVE the juice!)
- 1/2 green bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup canned (reserved) pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
Place the frozen meatballs in a large crock pot. Pour the drained crushed pineapple overtop of the meatballs, followed by the red and green chopped peppers. *
In a medium sized bowl whisk the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
Pour the sauce into the crockpot. Stir so that the meatballs are mixed in and covered in the sauce.
Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve over rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
- The recipe says 1/2 of a red and green bell pepper. You can use the full peppers if you'd like! Especially if the peppers are really small, use the full thing.