Kale and Quinoa Salad (with Peaches)
A delicous and healthy salad loaded with fresh kale, quinoa, feta cheese, pecans, dried cranberries, and peaches (or any fruit of your choosing). Top it with my favorite creamy balsamic dressing and you have yourself an easy, healthy, and vegetarian dinner.
Servings: 3 servings
Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 heaping cup kale - chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pecans - chopped and toasted. OR candied pecans
- 1 peach - sliced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Morton's Nature seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
To a large bowl add the chopped kale. Drizzle the olive oil overtop. Using your hands massage the kale for 2 minutes until the leaves become soft and wilted.
Top the salad with quinoa, craisins, feta, pecans, and peaches. Drizzle your desired amount of balsamic dressing overtop. Serve!
In a small bowl (I like to use a liquid measuring cup) whisk the garlic, mayo, lemon juice, sugar, Dijon mustard, Morton’s Nature seasoning, salt, and balsamic vinegar.
While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Whisk until dressing is smooth and emulsified.
Cover and refrigerate until using. *Note, this dressing makes a lot, so you'll have extra.
Note, the calories will be off. This calculates ALL of the dressing. You will have leftovers! The dressing will cover about 3 of these salads :)
- You don't have to use peaches, it's the fruit in season so that what I grabbed. You can use anything though! Blueberries, grapes, strawberries, nectarines.
- We like to add diced grilled chicken to our salad as well!