The Most Amazing Green Sauce
This green sauce is healthy and versatile! You can use it on salads, as a chip dip, over chicken, with zucchini noodles... the possibilities are endless!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 large avocado - pitted and skin removed
- 1/2 cup parsley - leaves and stems, packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro - leaves and stems, packed
- 1 jalapeno - seeds and ribs removed (keep if you want spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup roasted pistachios - See notes
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor bowl. Pulse until smooth.
Use this sauce on chicken, pasta, zucchini noodles, chip dip (it’s a bit guacamole-esk), with falafel, or whatever you’d like.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
If using salted pistachios, omit the salt, and then season with salt to taste. The pistachios I used were unsalted.
If you want to use it as a salad dressing you can thin it out with additional water or olive oil.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.