Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
A buttery, brown sugar, thyme infused sauce covers healthy carrots, making for a.... healthy-ish side dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 12-15 carrots - peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt - reduce to 3/4 tsp if using salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar - packed
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place the carrots on a baking sheet. (Use parchment for easy clean up).
In a small bowl combine the butter, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Pour the buttery mixture over the carrots. Using your hands, toss the carrots in the mixture, making sure to get each carrot coated in the mixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
Bake time will vary depending on the thickness of your carts.