Citrus Summer Salad
A fresh lettuce salad topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and a delicious citrus vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 2 oranges - mandarin oranges or sliced navel oranges
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup strawberries - sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
In a liquid measuring cup whisk the vinegar, orange juice, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly stream in the olive oil and whisk vigorously until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
This recipe is just a guideline!
Add cooked, diced chicken for added protein.
You can add crumbled feta cheese, goat cheese, or gorgonzola to the salad as well. (All 3 of which are delicious!)
Experiment with different fruits. Some suggestions include: kiwis, papaya, pineapple, peaches, raspberries.