Indian Butter Cauliflower
A flavor-packed, quick and easy, 30 minute dinner recipe. This vegetarian meal is a great option for meatless Monday.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower - cut into florets, about 4-5 cups
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 inch ginger root - grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp is family friendly, add more for more heat
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
In a large skillet over medium-low heat melt the butter. Once melted stir in the garlic, grated ginger root, cayenne, tomato sauce, yogurt, garam masala, salt, cardamom, cumin and water.
Bring the sauce to a boil. Once boiling stir in the cauliflower florets. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender.
Once the cauliflower is fork tender stir in the heavy cream and cilantro. Serve over cooked rice with a side of homemade naan.