Chicken Salad Sandwich
A delicious chicken salad loaded with celery, grapes, and cashews.
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded - about 16 oz
- 1 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped - (I do a heaping 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups grapes - cut in half
- 2/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped - (I like a lot of cashews so I'll do a heaping 2/3 cup, or even 1 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 8-10 rolls or croissants*
- salt and pepper - to taste
In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, mayo, celery, grapes, cashews, Mrs. Dash seasoning,and celery salt. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut rolls or croissants in half length wise, and fill each roll with the chicken salad filling. Add lettuce to the sandwich if you'd like. Serve immediately.
*If using rolls, you'll get a lot more than 8 sandwiches.
This recipe is just a guide. If you want more grapes, add more grapes! If you want more/less celery add accordingly.
Recipe Source: Salt & Baker