Chicken Salad Sandwich
A delicious chicken salad filled with celery, grapes, and cashews.
prep time 20 mins
total time 20 mins
servings: 8 servings
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded about 16 oz
- 1 1/8 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped (I do a heaping 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups grapes, cut in half
- 2/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped (I like a lot of cashews so I'll do a heaping 2/3 cup, or even 1 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 rolls or croissants*
In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, mayo, celery, grapes, cashews, Mrs. Dash seasoning, celery salt, and salt. Stir to combine.
Cut rolls or croissants in half length wise, and fill each roll with the chicken salad filling. Add lettuce to the sandwich if you desire. Serve immediately.
*If using rolls, you'll get a lot more than 8 sandwiches.
Recipe Source: Salt & Baker
Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 804mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 515IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram and tag @saltandbaker and hashtag it #saltandbaker.