I am Whitney, the recipe developer, photographer, taste-tester and expert behind Salt & Baker.
My maiden name is Baker, and I love salty foods. So lo and behold, Salt & Baker!
What you’ll find on Salt & Baker
Salt & Baker features vibrant family-friendly baking and cooking recipes. Each recipe has been tested and approved by my husband and 2 picky eaters (my sons). My recipes are easy to make with clear and concise instructions and don’t require hard-to-find ingredients.
I am a perfectionist and have a strong attention to detail. This translates into my cooking and baking as I won’t settle for anything less than the best.
Texture and flavors are key when cooking and baking. Each recipe you find on Salt & Baker has been tested multiple times to give you the best texture and flavor possible!
If you take a look around the blog you’ll notice a trend in the types of foods I post… a little bit of everything!
I love breakfast recipes, healthy foods, quick dinner recipes, cookies, frozen treats, and finger foods! I can’t settle on sharing just one type of food group with you, so I’m sharing all of them!
I hope you like what you find here and I encourage you to join me on this journey as I (and you) get creative in the kitchen!
Salt & Baker has been featured in Domino Magazine, Buzzfeed, Parade Magazine, Healthy World Cuisine Magazine, Yahoo.com, MSN.com, Greatest, Foodgawker, BlogLovin, and The Feed Feed. I have also been blessed to work with brands such as Nature Nate’s, Cheesecake Factory, Reynolds Brands, Stella Cheese, and Lucky Leaf.
Fun Facts about Whitney
- I consider myself an expert in “spacial awareness.” I can select the perfect size of Tupperware to fit our leftovers. Every. Single. Night.
- I began cooking at a very young age. When I was in elementary school I would make my younger sister pretend like we were on The Food Network. She would be the audience and I would demonstrate how to make brownies. This love for cooking and baking stuck with me as I later got married and began experimenting with new recipes and ingredients.
- I live in hot and humid Houston Texas with my husband and two boys. My two kiddos are my most picky eaters! When they eat (and love) a recipe, I know it’s a true winner.
- I love card making and have a huge stash of crafting supplies.
- I love to exercise and dream of having my own fully stocked workout room in the future. Included in that room will be a Pilates reformer as it’s one of my favorite forms of exercise! (If you haven’t tried it, do! And then let me know how you liked it!)
- Cleaning is therapeutic. You can’t beat sitting on the couch in a freshly vacuumed home!
- I live for all things pumpkin! Pumpkin baked goods have to be some of my most favorite.
- If I could only eat one dessert for the rest of my life it would be cookies.
- I’m 100% blind in 1 eye, and have no peripheral vision in my “good” eye (that can see). I suffered from a retinal detachment at the age of 19. It was a very difficult experience that came with a lot of surgeries (I think it was 7 total). However, it was a pivotal moment in my life where I learned more than I could have imagined.
Stay in Touch
My inbox is always open. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Salt & Baker on Pinterest.
Follow Salt & Baker on Facebook.
Follow Salt & Baker on Instagram.
Follow Salt & Baker on Bloglovin.
Thanks for reading Salt & Baker! I love hearing from my readers! If you have recipe requests, questions, or you’d just like to chat, don’t hesitate to email me at: email@example.com
Shop Salt & Baker
I have an Amazon storefront that you can check out! I include kitchen products, cookbooks, books, and appliances I love, in one easy location.
These products are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you.