Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
Everyone needs a solid, 100% fool proof graham cracker crust recipe. This is mine.
This graham cracker crust is the perfect thickness and it’s the perfect sweetness level too. We use it when we make no-bake peanut butter pie, key lime pie, French silk pie, no-bake cheesecake, and peach dessert.
I’m very fond of desserts that feature a delicious graham cracker crust. I love the texture and flavor it brings to the dish. You DON’T want to mess up the crust!
I’m sure you can recall a time you ate a pie that had a mediocre crust. It’s not pretty. The crust can make or break a pie/dessert!
This is the best graham cracker crust recipe AND the only recipe you’ll need from here on out! These ratios have given me superb results every single time.
Graham Cracker crust ingredients
A graham cracker crust consists of 3 basic ingredients:
- Graham cracker crumbs .
- Granulated sugar – brown sugar works great as well.
- Melted butter – you can use salted or unsalted, I opt for unsalted.
How to make Graham Cracker Crust
The process of making the crust is very basic too. It goes as follows:
- Mix the ingredients together. Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter into a bowl. Using a fork, mix the mixture until combined. Note, you don’t need to use a fork, personally I think it prevents large graham crackers clumps from forming.
- Add to the pie plate. Once the mixture is combined, transfer it to a 9″ pie plate.
- Pack the crust. Press the graham cracker mixture firmly in the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Tip: I use a flat bottom measuring cup to do this; you could also use any flat bottom drinking cup. The best way to avoid a crumbly graham cracker crust is to ensure you have it packed into the dessert pan nice and tight.
- Bake (or chill). Bake the crust for 9-10 minutes. The crust will appear just barely golden. If you’re making a no-bake dessert recipe, rather than bake the crust, place the crust in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool. If you baked the graham cracker crust, let it cool completely before adding the filling to it.
Recipes featuring a delicious graham cracker crust:
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs - about 12 full cracker sheets
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar - can also use brown sugar if you'd like
- 6 tablespoons butter - melted, see notes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl stir the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together until combined.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into a 9” inch pie plate and press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- If doing a no-bake recipe, rather than bake the crust, place the pie pan in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes (or in the freezer for 15 minutes) while you prepare the pie filling.