This Peach Dessert is the perfect peaches and cream recipe! It consists of a thick cinnamon graham cracker crust that’s topped with juicy peaches folded into a peach whipped cream. It’s peach perfection! And if you love cobblers, I have an easy peach cobbler recipe as well!
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law. This Peach Dessert is the one recipe request my husband makes every summer; he absolutely loves it, as do I!
If you love graham cracker crust desserts you’ll be a huge fan of these recipes: banoffee pie recipe, 7 layer bars, French silk pie, and no-bake pumpkin cheesecakes.
Graham cracker crusts really take a dessert over the top don’t they?
Ingredients for Peach Dessert
You need just a few ingredients to make this recipe
For the Peaches and Cream portion:
- 4 cups of peeled and chopped peaches.
- Granulated sugar – we use this to sweetened the peaches, it also helps the peaches get really juicy. Once the peaches are juicy you’ll use some of that juice later on.
- Lemon juice – a little acidity helps balance out the sweetness.
- Heavy cream that has been whipped to stiff peaks. Note: you don’t need to whip the cream until after you make the crust.
- Unflavored gelatin – this will help the dessert set and firm up.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- Graham cracker crumbs – you’ll need 2 cups worth. You can always make a bit more of the crust and reserve 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crust mixture to sprinkle overtop of the finished dessert. This is something my husband loves to do.
- Melted butter – helps the crust set.
- Sugar – the sweetened the graham cracker crust.
- Ground cinnamon – makes this dessert so good!!
How to make Peach dessert
In a medium bowl add the cut up peaches then sprinkle the sugar and lemon juice overtop. Stir to combine.
Place the peaches in the refrigerator while you make the crust.
To make the graham cracker crust combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 13″x9″ baking dish. Set the crust in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Remove the sweetened peaches from the fridge. You’ll notice that there’s a lot of peach juice that’s accumulated in the bowl. This is good! We’re going to use some of that juice so don’t throw it away.
Drain all of the peach juice into a separate bowl.
Now, measure out 1/4 cup of this peach juice and reserve that. You can throw away the remaining juice. I repeat, all you need is 1/4 cup of the peach juice. 🙂
In a small bowl add the 1/4 of peach juice and the unflavored gelatin. Using a fork, mix the gelatin into the peach juice.
Then gently stir the peach and gelatin mixture into the freshly whipped cream. Stir in the chopped peaches.
Spoon the peach mixture into the chilled graham cracker crust and level it into an even layer.
Chill the peach dessert for at least 2 hours.
This dessert is best served within 12 hours, however it still tastes really good the next day. The only thing to note is that the graham cracker crust gets a little soft due to the peach juices.
All that’s left is to eat it! This is a classic family recipe that my family absolutely adores. I hope you enjoy it too!
More Peach Recipes
- Peach Fritters
- Peach Punch
- Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Fresh Peach Pie
Subscribe to Salt & Baker
If you love these recipes, be sure and subscribe. You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out!
And don’t forget, if you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’ve made!
- 4 cups peaches - peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream - whipped into stiff peaks
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup reserved peach juice
- add the cut up peaches to a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle the sugar and lemon juice over the peaches. Stir to combine. Place in the fridge while you make the graham cracker crust and prep the other ingredients.
Graham Cracker Crust
- in a medium bowl combine the ingredients for the graham cracker crust. Mix to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch pan and press along the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the sweetened peaches from the fridge. You'll notice that there's a lot of peach juice that's accumulated in the bowl. Drain all of the peach juice into a separate bowl.Now, measure out 1/4 cup of this peach juice and reserve that. You can throw away the remaining juice.
- In a small bowl add the 1/4 of peach juice and the unflavored gelatin. Using a fork, mix the gelatin into the peach juice.
- Then gently stir the peach and gelatin mixture into the freshly whipped cream. Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Spoon the peaches and cream mixture into the graham cracker crust. Chill for at least 2, or several hours before serving.
7 Comments on “Peach Dessert”
Nothing says summer than a peach dessert. This peach dessert served with your homemade creamy vanilla ice cream. yum yum!!
Agreed! Plus anything with peaches and ice cream tastes yummy, right 🙂
This peach dessert was amazing! Really easy and simple to make too. My young kids loved it too. We will be making this every summer from here on out.
Its the BEST peach dessert! Happy your entire family loved it.
This seriously sounds AMAZING! Perfect for a hot summer day.
It’s so good! Delicious and refreshing 🙂
I love peaches! This dessert looks so delicious and perfect for the summer!