The perfect refreshing summer drink = Peach Punch! Made with fresh pureed peaches and a few key ingredients you’ll be sipping this summer-time drink staple in no-time!
Summer Drink Recipes
When it’s BLAZING saddles hot outside you need a drink. An icy cold, thirst-quenching drink.
Lucky for you, and me, I have oodles of summer drinks that will hit the spot.
To make this peach punch recipe you’ll need 5 ingredients:
- Granulated sugar
- Peaches – fresh ripe peaches are best!
- Lemon juice – doesn’t have to be from fresh lemons. I used lemon concentrate.
- Sprite or 7 UP – whichever suits your fancy.
How to make Peach Punch
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat bring the water and sugar to a boil. The sugar needs to be dissolved. Once the mixture boils remove from heat and let cool.
- Peel and slice fresh peaches. Place the peaches in a blender and puree until smooth. You need 4 cups of peach puree. Pro tip: it took 7 cups of sliced peaches to get 4 cups of puree.
- Transfer the cooled sugar water to a very large pitcher or large bowl. Add the lemon juice and pureed peaches.
- Mix together then portion into quart or gallon sized freezer-safe bags or containers.
- Freeze until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove one of the bags from the freezer and empty the frozen punch into a pitcher or punch bowl. Break the frozen juice into smaller pieces so that it will dissolve in the soda more readily.
- Pour Sprite or 7 UP into the pitcher, stir and serve!
FAQ and Recipe Tips
Can I use canned peaches to make peach punch? Yes you can. Keep in mind the flavor will be a bit different because fresh and canned peaches don’t taste the same (in my opinion). Another thing to consider is that most canned peaches are sweeter so you may want to reduce the amount of sugar you add in the recipe.
It took about 7 cups of freshly sliced peaches to make 4 cups of peach puree.
Serving suggestion: Right before serving I like to add sliced peaches to the prepared punch. It fancies it up and also tastes really good if you happen to get one of the slices in your cup. 🍑
Can serve with Sprite/7 UP or without! It’s delicious with the fizz and without.
How much does it make? Makes about 3 quart sized bags of peach punch.
Freezing instructions: Store the juice in freezer-safe plastic bags or freezer-safe containers. Peach punch will last 6-9 months in the freezer.
I added 2 cans of Sprite to 1 – quart sized bag of frozen peach juice. The key is to taste as you go!
More Delicious Peach Recipes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups pureed peaches - requires about 7 cups of sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup lemon juice - doesn't need to be from fresh lemons
- Sprite or 7 UP - for serving
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil. You want the sugar to be dissolved. Once the mixture boils, remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the sugar water to a very large pitcher or a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and the pureed peaches. Mix together then portion into quart or gallon sized freezer safe bags or containers. Freeze.
- When ready to serve remove one of the bags of frozen peach punch from the freezer. Remove from the bag and place in a pitcher or punch bowl. Break the frozen juice into smaller pieces so that it will dissolve in the liquid more readily. Pour sprite or 7 up into the bowl, taste and add more sprite if you’d like.
- I don’t have a set amount of soda to use. Just gauge off your taste preferences