Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
This Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe is the perfect way to enjoy fresh peaches! Peach cobbler is constructed with the batter on the bottom of the pan and the fruit placed on top. During the baking process the fruit sinks underneath the batter and the batter bakes into a beautifully soft cake-like crust. This delicious summer dessert is best served warm with a large scoop of creamy homemade vanilla ice cream.
Peaches are a personal fave of mine, they’re an ideal fruit for dessert recipes or even for topping on pizzas.<– This pizza uses nectarines, but you can easily swap it for peaches.
I’ve made 2 special grocery runs (in the last week) just to buy peaches.
We looooove them at our house! One peach run was made specifically for Peach Dessert, my husband requested I make it for our Sunday treat. If you haven’t made it yet add it to your menu!
But today we’re talking about this old fashioned peach cobbler recipe.
Fresh Peach Cobbler
One question that comes when making peach cobbler is whether or not one can use canned peaches in place of fresh peaches? Short answer, yes.
Pro tip: While this recipe uses fresh peaches, you can certainly substitute them for canned peaches. To do this, use 1 quart of canned peaches, undrained.
How to make Peach Cobbler
Begin by peeling and slicing enough peaches to render 4 cups worth. I used large yellow peaches and needed only 4-5 peaches. If you’re using smaller sized peaches you’ll need around 7-8.
Add the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, and lemon juice to a saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves and the peaches extract some of their delicious juices. Set aside.
Melt the butter
Next, preheat the oven to 350°F. Place 6 tablespoons of butter in a 13″x9″ inch baking dish and put it in the preheating oven to melt the butter.
Once the butter is fully melted, remove the pan from the oven.
While the butter is melting, make the batter.
Peach Cobbler Batter
In a medium sized bowl whisk the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk until just combined, be careful not to over mix.
Pour the cobbler batter into the 13″x9″ pan overtop of the melted butter. Gently smooth into an even layer.
Spoon the peaches mixture over the batter.
Baker’s Tip: If using canned peaches add them now. Use 1 quart of undrained peaches and spoon them overtop of the batter.
Homemade Peach Cobbler with cinnamon
Before putting in the oven sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon, use as much or as little as you’d like!
I ended up sprinkling about 1/2 – 1 tsp worth of cinnamon overtop.
Bake the peach cobbler
After you’ve sprinkled the cinnamon overtop, place the peach cobbler in the 350°F oven and bake for 38-44 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
The batter will rise to the top and the peaches will sink, it’s fun to watch this take place! Keep an eye on your oven so you can witness this baking magic for yourself.
When it’s done baking remove it from the oven.
This easy peach cobbler recipe is best served warm with a serving of vanilla ice cream.
Store peach cobbler in an airtight container and it will keep at room temperature for 2 days, or in the fridge for 4-5 days.
SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER
If you love these recipes, be sure and subscribe. You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out!
And don’t forget, if you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’re cookin’ in your kitchen!
If you love this Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe try these:
- Peach Dessert – a delicious peaches and cream recipe overtop of a thick cinnamon graham cracker crust.
- Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Blueberry Crisp
- Peach Punch
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 4 cups peaches - peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- ground cinnamon
- (Skip this step if using canned peaches). In a small saucepan add the sliced peaches lemon juice, and ¾ cups of sugar. Place over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, just until the sugar has dissolved (we want to bring out the juices of the peaches). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the butter in a 13x9 inch pan and place pan in the preheated oven. Once the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the flour, 1 cup of granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk. Stir until just combined, don’t overmix. Pour this mixture into the 13x9 inch pan, overtop of the butter. Gently smooth into an even layer.
- Spoon the peaches mixture over the batter. (Or if using canned peaches**, spoon that over the batter). Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon, use as much or as little as you'd like. I used about 1/2 to 1 teaspoons worth.
- Bake at 350°F for 38-44 minutes or until the top is golden brown and baked through.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream*, if desired.
This post contains affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.