Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
These cheesy scrambled eggs are egg perfection! The soft eggs scrambled with cheese and cooked in butter to create soft egg folds that aren’t tight or watery and aren’t overly dry. They are the perfect breakfast recipe!
Another delicious egg breakfast is my avocado egg toast recipe or my easy breakfast casserole. I love breakfast and whether it’s pancakes, oatmeal or bacon, there’s just something super delicious and warming about a hot, homemade breakfast!
Why This Recipe Works
- Moist, soft scrambled eggs. I don’t know about you, but solid and dry scrambled eggs are just not my thing! That’s why you’ll love this recipe! It creates soft, moist scrambled eggs.
- Delicious cheesy flavor. The cheese really comes through on this recipe and it complements the eggs so beautifully! Eggs scrambled with cheese is one of my favorite combinations, and I know you’ll love this recipe for that same reason!
- Easy, quick, protein-rich breakfast. Not only does this recipe just take 5 minutes to make, but thanks to the protein, this breakfast will keep you full for longer. Put the cereal away and make these cheesy scrambled eggs instead!
- Butter: Cooking the eggs in butter is going to give an additional flavor to your eggs. I would recommend cooking eggs in butter over spraying your pan or using oil.
- Cheese: You really can use any cheese you’d like here! Cheddar, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, etc.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- In a nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat, add the butter. Once melted stir in the egg mixture, using a silicone spatula stir the eggs right away.
- Continue stirring the egg mixture slowly but constantly. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add the cheese and continue stirring, cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. The eggs will continue to cook even once removed from the heat.
- Serve warm, topped with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Grate your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has a weird coating that makes it harder to melt.
Make sure the butter is completely melted and swirl it around your pan to prevent the eggs from sticking. It also helps to let your pan warm first before adding the butter to keep the eggs from sticking.
You’ll notice that we don’t add any milk or water to our mixture. That’s on purpose! Adding milk or water increases the water content of the egg mixture which will make your finished eggs much more watery. It can also trick you into thinking you need to keep cooking the eggs to eliminate the water, which will result in an over cooked egg that is hard and not fluffy and delicious!
- Serve as scrambled eggs on toast
- With sautéed vegetables
- With breakfast potatoes
- Inside breakfast burritos
- With a side of oven-cooked bacon
You really can’t go wrong with what cheese you use with scrambled eggs. You can use cheddar, Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, pepper jack, etc.
You definitely can. I don’t add milk to my scrambled eggs because it can make the eggs overly watery. Simply whisk the eggs to create air pockets before adding them to your pan. This will create fluffy and not watery scrambled eggs.
It just depends on how you want your eggs to turn out. Use milk or cream if you want creamy scrambled eggs. Use water if you want fluffy scrambled eggs. However, keep in mind that you are adding additional liquid to the mixture, which will make your eggs more watery, which will make you think you need to cook your eggs for longer, resulting in over cooked scrambled eggs.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Steel Cut Oats
- Healthy German Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Almond Milk Pancakes
- Homemade Sausage Gravy
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter - salted or unsalted
- 4 eggs - (I use large eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - more or less to your liking
- pinch fresh ground pepper - more or less to your liking
- 1/4 cup cheese - freshly grated. Cheddar, Colby Jack, pepper jack, goat cheese, feta (really any kind of cheese will work here)
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a nonstick skillet set over medium low heat add the butter. Once melted stir in the egg mixture, using a silicone spatula stir the eggs right away. Continue stirring and moving the egg mixture slowly but constantly. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add the cheese and continue stirring, cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. The eggs will continue to cook even once removed from the heat. Serve warm, topped with additional salt and pepper if desired.