Simple Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
This simple Biscuits and Gravy Recipe is bursting with flavor! Adding thyme to this classic recipe elevates the flavor in ways you never knew possible!
Biscuits and Gravy is a classic when it comes to breakfast! You can’t go wrong by serving this simple biscuits and gravy recipe at a family gathering or even any ‘ole day of the week.
How to make simple biscuits and gravy recipe:
- Brown sausage. I use Jimmy Dean brand.
- Add butter to the pan, then flour. Cook that for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half. Cook until thickened.
- Season with thyme and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve warm over buttermilk biscuits.
This sausage gravy is reigns supreme when compared to others. The faint hint of thyme in the gravy adds a subtle flavor that will have you making this simple biscuits and gravy recipe again, and again, and again.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Try these!
Biscuits and gravy are a classic breakfast dish. This recipe is flavorful and completely delicious!
- 8-10 Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
In a large saucepan, brown the sausage. Drain excess liquid. I like to use a paper towel to gently blot out any excess grease.
Over medium low heat add butter to the pan. Once melted, add the flour. Mix to combine. Then add the half and half. Stir frequently for several minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Add the thyme, pepper, and salt. Stir. Serve warm over buttermilk biscuits. Can top with additional thyme if you desire.