Healthy Acai Smoothie
I’m sharing my go-to Healthy Acai Smoothie recipe. This smoothie is packed with spinach, blueberries, carrots, banana, acai juice, and chia seeds!
Healthy Acai Smoothie ingredients:
- Acai juice. This stuff is good! It really elevates the flavor of this smoothie.
- Blueberries, frozen or fresh.
- Honey (optional, but it helps tone down the tartness of the smoothie).
- Chia seeds (also optional, you can use flaxseed if you prefer, or eliminate it altogether if that’s more your thing).
Health benefits in this Healthy Acai Smoothie
- Acai juice/berries are rich in antioxidants.
- Spinach is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. It helps fight off osteoporosis, heart disease, arthritis and several types of cancers.
- Blueberries are considered a “superfood.” They are an anti-inflammatory (soooo good for the body!) and packed with antioxidants. Blueberries can also reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Carrots are the perfect source for vitamin A. (Vitamin A helps eyesight).
- Bananas are a great source of potassium. Potassium helps manage heart health, it helps with blood pressure because potassium helps sodium leave the body when you pee. Plus potassium helps your muscles work better, which is a big deal.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber and contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
A healthy and DELICIOUS smoothie to get you going in the mornings.
- 1 1/4 -1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup açaí juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 large carrot, or 4-5 baby carrots
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
For the açaí juice, you can buy it near the produce section in most grocery stores.
Recipe Source: Salt & Baker