Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
This Shrimp Scampi with Linguini is a flavorful and refreshing meal that will have you feeling like you’re dining at a world renowned restaurant!
For another easy and delicious shrimp recipe, be sure to try my Blackened Shrimp!
I love seafood recipes! Give me all the coconut shrimp, tilapia cakes, and salmon burgers! Oh, and broiled lobster tails dipped in melted butter. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. YUM!
You know what’s crazy, seafood and fish recipes are really easy to make. In fact, fish cooks very quickly, so that’s a major bonus. (In my opinion).
You need only a few simple ingredients for this quick 20 minute dinner recipe.
- Shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Fresh lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley
How to make Shrimp Scampi
Begin by boiling salted water. Place the linguini in the water and cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a skillet melt the butter. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, and salt to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute.
Place the shrimp in the skillet and cook until both sides are pink, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Once the shrimp is cooked, stir in the chopped parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pro tip: if you want this dish to have more heat and kick to it, add 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
Stir in the cooked (and drained) linguini noodles. Serve immediately!
This recipe has the perfect touch of garlic and lemon flavor. Serve this the next time you have guests for dinner and they will be licking their plates clean, asking for seconds, and begging you to share the recipe. ❤️
More Delicious Recipes
Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
- 12 oz linguini
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced - (about 4 garlic cloves)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes - depending on how much heat you want
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Once boiling add the kosher salt. Place linguini in the pot and cook according to package directions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium low heat, melt the butter. Add the olive oil, garlic, and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turns pink and is no longer translucent, about 6 minutes. (3-4 minutes per side).
- Remove from heat. Add the parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain. Add the pasta noodles to the shrimp and lemon mixture. Toss to coat. Garnish with additional parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
3 Comments on “Shrimp Scampi with Linguini”
Thank you! This was quick, easy, and delicious. The red pepper flakes are a great boost.
We love shrimp scampi at our house and usually buy the frozen kind. This was my first time making it from scratch. The lemon gave it an interesting flavor that we weren’t used to. I think next time, I might cut back alittle on the lemon juice.
We held back on the lemon and added a little more butter for a flavor profile our 3-year-old liked better (and we did too).