No-Bake Energy Bites
These No-Bake Energy Bites are a low calorie, healthy, and EASY snack! A guilt free, energy boosting, perfectly portioned (and PORTABLE) snack. Need I say more?
Raise your hand if you made a New Years resolution to eat healthy and drink healthy smoothies.
If I just described you, then I have good news! These oatmeal energy bites are just what you need. You can snack on one of these protein balls at your computer during work or use it to fuel a pre or post workout.
Or you can do as I do… I tell my son these energy bites are “candy.”
He doesn’t argue. Maybe because they taste like candy?
And being a busy mom, I’m DESPERATE for snacks that are filling, healthy, and not fruit snacks. And if you’re the same, be sure to try my baked oatmeal cups, they are a perfect meal prep breakfast option.
Healthy No-Bake Energy Bites
No-Bake Energy Bites are also referred to as protein balls or protein bites, and for good reason. These small balls are loaded with protein, healthy fat, fiber, and great flavor.
They’re delicious, portable, and healthy.
And easy. Like, super easy. 10 minutes easy.
No-Bake Energy Bites ingredients:
- rolled oats
- ground flax seed
- peanut butter
- mini chocolate chips
How to make energy bites
In a medium bowl combine the oats, flax seed, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and mini chocolate chips.
Stir to combine.
Using a small cookie scoop portion out the dough into 1-2 inch size balls.
Place the balls on a baking sheet or plate, then set in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
Pro tip: If you find the dough is sticky, you can cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it in the fridge to chill. I would only chill it for 15 minutes. Once chilled, remove the plastic wrap and portion the dough into small balls.
How to store energy bites
Place the energy bites in a ziplock bag or airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.
Energy bites will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
It’s definitely in your best interest to make these no-bake energy bites STAT.
And if you need to balance out all the healthy, go ahead and make Nutella brownies. #balance
Looking for more healthy snack recipes, try these:
- Beet Hummus – if you haven’t had beet hummus before, you are truly missing out. It’s so yummy!
- Healthy Acai Smoothie
- Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls
- Homemade Granola
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER’S NEWSLETTER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to check out some of my favorite kitchen products here.
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 heaping cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix to combine.
- Roll into 1-1 ½ inch size balls. *
- Place the energy bites on a baking sheet or plate and freeze or refrigerate until fully set, about 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Place in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Store the energy bites in the fridge for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.