Avocado Chicken Wraps
These Avocado Chicken Wraps are a delicious and healthy 10 minute meal! You read that right. 10 minutes!! These wraps are loaded with avocados (of course), shredded chicken, grape tomatoes, cilantro, a spritz of lime, and a blend of Mexican spices.
Now, making this recipe is so easy it’s ridiculous.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these chicken avocado wraps!
How to Make Avocado Chicken Wraps
Grab 3 large avocados and cut them in half. Remove and discard the pits.
Scoop the flesh from each avocado into a large bowl. Using a fork, or pastry cutter (a tip I share in my guacamole recipe) <– makes mashing avocados so easy, mash the avocados until they’re chunky or smooth. I like my avocados with a chunky texture.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl:
- shredded chicken (Costco’s rotisserie chicken comes in so handy here)
- grape tomatoes (make sure they’re chopped. My grape tomatoes were on the small side so I cut them into fourths).
- cilantro (I LOVE cilantro.. so maybe 3 tablespoons is a bit heavy handed for you? Taste and add as you go).
- green onions – I used 2 green onions, however, if you aren’t an onion person go ahead and just use 1 green onion for this recipe.
- Spices such as chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Lime juice
Mix everything together.
Scoop some of the avocado chicken mixture onto a flour tortilla, roll it up, and enjoy!
You can eat these avocado chicken wraps warm or cold. I’ve had them both ways and I can honestly tell you I don’t have a preference. I think they’re delicious either way!
If you love these avocado chicken wraps, check out these easy recipes:
- 15 easy kid friendly dinner recipes
- Baked chicken taquitos
- BBQ chicken sandwich recipe
- Curry chicken and rice
- Chicken salad sandwich recipe
Avocado Chicken Wraps
- 3 avocados
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes - chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- 2 green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4-6 flour tortillas for serving
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop the flesh of each avocado into a large bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork or pastry cutter until the avocado is in chunks and/or smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper to the bowl. Stir until everything is combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a tortilla, wrap up, and enjoy!
3 Comments on “Avocado Chicken Wraps”
Easy, yummy lunch or dinner idea. Love this. Thanks for the recipe.
Can you refrigerate the avocado chicken mixture to use over several days, or does it have to be eaten as soon as you make it?
You can refrigerate it, but it will only last about 1-2 days in the fridge.