Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Finally! A Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe that is loaded with flavor and perfect textures! This chicken salad features crisp red grapes, celery, salted cashews, and a blend of seasonings to elevate the flavor in this delicious sandwich!
I hate to brag, but… this is the best chicken salad! It’s the truth.
I’ve had chicken salad from Costco, and it’s ok, nothing spectacular by any means.
The trick with chicken salad is this, you must season appropriately. This recipe has the perfect blend of seasonings. I use (and love) Mrs. Dash Seasoning and celery salt.
The last word you’ll think of when eating these chicken salad sandwiches is “bland.”
How do you make chicken salad?
Place the shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken, boiled chicken, bottled chicken) in a large bowl.
Add the fresh grapes, chopped celery, cashews, mayo, and the seasoning to the bowl of shredded chicken.
Mix all of the ingredients together.
Place the chicken salad mixture on homemade rolls, croissants, or slices of bread. Add fresh lettuce to your sandwich, if that’s what you prefer. Personally, I like a basic chicken salad sandwich. ?
The beautiful thing about this recipe is you don’t have to follow it exactly.
If you want more grapes, add more grapes. If you want more cashews, add more cashews. You do you.
However, I suggest you add the seasonings. I love Mrs. Dash seasoning, so I always add that. To add another punch of flavor into these chicken salad sandwiches, I add celery salt.
It elevates the celery flavor, which I LOVE! Try it. I think you’ll love it too!!
I don’t always have beautiful croissants on hand so I usually add the chicken salad mixture to a roll or a regular slice of bread. It’s delicious no matter what you serve it on!
If you make this chicken salad recipe be sure to come back and leave a rating and review in the comments section. I love hearing from my readers!
If you love this chicken salad sandwich, check out these recipes:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded about 16 oz
- 1 1/8 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped (I do a heaping 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups grapes, cut in half
- 2/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped (I like a lot of cashews so I'll do a heaping 2/3 cup, or even 1 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 rolls or croissants*
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, mayo, celery, grapes, cashews, Mrs. Dash seasoning, celery salt, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut rolls or croissants in half length wise, and fill each roll with the chicken salad filling. Add lettuce to the sandwich if you desire. Serve immediately.