Cucumber and Dill Baguette Sandwiches
An appetizer suitable for any time of year! These Cucumber Sandwiches are refreshing and delicious and only take 20 minutes to make!! This is the perfect finger food to serve at any party!
We are continuing our Finger Food Friday series! If you don’t know what I’m talking about you can read this post. It will give you a good rundown of this fun and exciting series that takes place on Salt & Baker!
But before we jump into these cucumber tea sandwiches, how many of you plan on making the Greek Yogurt Fruit Bites for the 4th of July?! ?? Aren’t they the cutest desserts you ever did see?! They make the PERFECT 4th of July party food! Also planning on making this creamy cucumber salad.
Back to todays recipe… this has been a solid go-to appetizer of mine ever since I was introduced to it by my mother-in-law, years ago.
When asked to bring a finger food or appetizer to a party or family gathering, this is what I bring! It doesn’t matter if it’s December and snowing outside, or if its the 4th of July. These cucumber sandwiches are my appetizer of choice.
Best part about these cucumber sandwiches (besides the fact that they taste amazing and EVERYONE loves them?) It takes about 5 minutes of prep. Easy peasy.
Making Cucumber Sandwiches
Step 1: Cut the baguette and slice the cucumbers
I like to cut the baguette into 1/2-1″ slices (pictured above). This is a personal preference. If you prefer a thinner bread slice the baguette into thinner segments.
Peel and slice the cucumbers. Do you have to peel the cucumbers? NO. Again, this is personal preference. I like the skin on my cucumbers, but my family prefers the cucumber without skin. In order to keep my family happy, I always peel the cucumbers ?
Step 2: Make the Spread
You only need *3 ingredients* for the spread:
- Cream Cheese
- Dry Ranch seasoning mix
Using hand beaters (or your stand mixer), cream the cream cheese in a bowl until it’s smooth. Once this is complete, add the mayo and ranch seasoning and mix until thoroughly combined.
Spread took approximately 5 seconds to make.
Now assemble the sandwiches. Place a generous smear of the cream cheese mixture on top of each slice of baguette. Top with a cucumber slice and then garnish with a sprinkle of fresh or dried dill weed.
These delicious sandwiches are ready to be devoured!
People who try these cucumber dill sandwiches are always amazed at the simplicity of the ingredients yet the robustness of the flavor.
If you find yourself in a bind and you need a last minute party food, snack, appetizer, finger food, brunch menu item (the list goes on and on), make these Cucumber and Dill Baguette Sandwiches!
Be sure to check out these additional appetizer and finger food recipes:
If you make this cucumber sandwich recipe or any other recipe on my blog be sure to leave a rating and review in the comments section! I love hearing from you!
Cucumber and Dill Baguette Sandwiches
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix - (equivalent to 3 T.)
- 2-3 cucumbers - peeled and sliced to 1/2-3/4" thickness
- 1 baguette - sliced to 1/2" thickness
- Dill weed or fresh dill for garnish
- Slice the baguette to about 1/2" thickness. Cut the cucumbers to whatever thickness you desire. I usually cute mine about 1/2"-1" thick. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add the cream cheese. Using hand beaters, mix until the cream cheese is smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayo and dry ranch seasoning mix to the cream cheese. Beat until evenly combined.
- Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture onto each baguette. Top with a sliced cucumber and sprinkle dill weed or fresh dill over top each cucumber. Repeat until all of the baguette sliced have whipped topping and a cucumber.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Best if eaten the same day.