Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots are the perfect side to any meal! The buttery, parmesan, and garlic flavor make these carrots melt in your mouth!
I love coming up with new healthy side dishes. Sometimes I get too wound up with main dish ideas, but not today.
These roasted carrots are my husbands favorite. No lie! I made these for the first time a few weeks ago and he couldn’t get enough of them.
Naturally, I had to make them again and document the recipe and creation process so that we (AND YOU!) can come back to this side dish time and time again.
The process from start to finish requires very little time and effort. You’ll be pleased by how quickly this side dish comes together.
Below, I’ve answered common questions people have regarding roasted carrots. If I’ve failed to answer one of your questions send me an email and I’ll add it to this list.
Are roasted carrots soft?
- Roasted carrots are soft. I paid really close attention to the oven temperature and the amount of time I let the carrots stay in the oven. I wanted the roasted carrots to be cooked and soft, but not mushy. These carrots have a slight crunch to the center but medium soft texture to the outsides.
- If you prefer a more firm carrot, cook them for 15 minutes. Or better yet, use a fork and pierce a carrot to test for your desired doneness.
Can Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots be frozen?
- Yes. If you don’t eat all of the carrots (which, I can assure you, you will).
- Place the leftovers in a freezer safe bag, label it with the date, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. The carrots will lose some of their texture. If you plan to use these garlic parmesan roasted carrots in a stew or casserole then the texture won’t be an issue and you’ll be good to go!
Can you make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots ahead of time?
- Yes! You will need to reheat the carrots because these roasted carrots are best served warm. I’d advise you to plan accordingly so that you can serve these garlic parmesan roasted carrots as a side to your dinner meal.
These roasted carrots are a great side dish for any meal but would also be perfect to serve for holiday meals such as Thanksgiving and Easter.
If you like these roasted carrots, check out these recipes:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 4 cups (20 oz) carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/4"-1/2" thick
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (the green canned stuff)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, garlic, salt, parmesan, garlic powder, and parsley. Mix to combine.
- Place the chopped carrots onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over top the carrots. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 425°F for 16-18 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and serve! Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. R