You can toss out your grandma’s recipe for parsley potatoes, because I’m introducing this new and improved (super easy) and mega buttery parsley potatoes recipe!
Simple and traditional flavors make this recipe the perfect side dish to practically any and every meal.
Why you’ll love this recipe
This parsley red potatoes recipe is easy. Too easy, honestly. You need one pot and that’s it. No additional dishes will be dirtied in the process of making these ultra buttery potatoes. 🙌🏼 To me, this is huge!! If we can eliminate additional dishes, I’m all for that.
This recipe is simple, aka not complicated. You really can’t mess it up. If you know how to boil potatoes, then you know how to make parsley potatoes.
This parsley buttered potatoes recipe uses 5 ingredients. Most of which you might already have on hand.
- Red potatoes – use baby or petite red potatoes for this recipe. No need to cut the potatoes in half. If, by chance, the potatoes vary greatly in size, you can cut the larger sized potatoes in half so that they are similar in size to the others.
- Fresh parsley – use fresh, not dried. Dried parsley is more potent and the texture is more crunchy. If you choose to sue dried, sue less than the 3 tablespoons called for in the recipe. I would start with 1/2-1 tablespoon and go from there. I love this recipe with the fresh parsley though!
- Butter – you can use salted or unsalted. I opt for unsalted because I always have it on hand.
- Salt & pepper – for taste.
- Boil the potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes vigorously with a wooden spoon, breaking the potatoes up a bit.
- Add the chopped parsley and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.
What to eat with parsley potatoes
Like mentioned at the top of this post, this recipe is so versatile and would go great with a handful of main course recipes, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers
- Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival
- Bacon Burgers
- Dijon Mustard Chicken
- BBQ Pineapple Meatballs
If you make this recipe or any other recipe from Salt & Baker, come back to leave a rating and review! Thank you so much. Your comments and feedback help myself and other readers making the recipe.
I love when you snap a pic of your food and share it on Instagram. Be sure to tag @saltandbaker in your posts and stories so I can see what you’re making ♥️
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons parsley - chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter - cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot filled with cold water. Bring the water to boil. Once boiling add the salt to the water. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking until the potatoes are very fork tender and the skins are starting to come away from the potatoes. About 20-30 minutes (depends on the size of the potatoes).
- Once tender, drain the water. Place the cubed butter and the parsley in the pot and stir with a wooden spoon, so that the potatoes break up a bit. Cover the pot with a lid and let sit for a few minutes so that the butter can fully melt.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve!