Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe is a fast, easy, and delicious family meal! When I need dinner on the table with short notice, this is one recipe I’ll turn to time and time again. My kids never complain either, they gobble this beef stroganoff right up! They’re ages 5 and 1 BTW. My husband never complains either, he loves this beef stroganoff recipe.
I’ve been skeptical about the Instant Pot. I know a lot of people either love it or hate it. I find myself somewhere in the middle.
I really enjoy having the Instant Pot, but it has taken some time to get comfortable using it. If you’re like me, then good news! This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a great Instant Pot beginner recipe to use.
If you need additional help with understanding the ins and outs of the Instant Pot, here is a great guide.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
First, plug in the Instant Pot and press the saute button.
Once hot, add the oil to the pot and place the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and onion into the pot. Brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. When the meat is done cooking remove excess grease from the pot and discard appropriately.
Pro tip: after I remove the excess grease sometimes I’ll add an additional teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, just to give it more flavor!
Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Stir in the flour, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, water, and egg noodles. Once the ingredients are all combined secure the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to the sealing position.
Pro tip: You can omit the 1/2 cup of water and use 2 1/2 cups of beef broth. Sometimes it can be a pain to open 2 cans of beef broth and only use a portion of the second can. The water eliminates the need for that.
Cook on Manual Setting or High Pressure Setting for 2 minutes.
When pressure cooking is complete, do a quick release.
Tip: I like to wear a hot pad glove (or use the end of a wooden spoon) when doing the quick release just in case liquid sprays from the knob. Another option is to turn the knob only half way so that only a small amount of steam is being released.
Carefully remove the Instant Pot lid, stir the mixture and then let cool for a minute before adding the sour cream.
Stir in the sour cream, chopped parsley, and salt & pepper to taste. Serve!
If you make this recipe don’t forget to come back and leave a rating and review! And be sure to SUBSCRIBE to Salt & Baker so that you’ll receive delicious recipes straight to your inbox (for FREE)!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 10.5 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef broth (can use 2.5 cups of beef broth and eliminate the 1/2 cup of water if you'd like).
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 oz wide egg noodles
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Turn IP to saute. Once hot add oil to the pot and place the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and onion in the pot. Brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Remove excess grease. *See notes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the flour, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, water (if using-see notes), and noodles and stir to combine.
- Secure the IP lid and turn valve to the sealing position. Cook on Manual Setting or High Pressure Setting for 2 minutes.
- When pressure cooking has completed, do a quick release. (I like to wear a hot pad glove when doing this in case liquid sprays from the knob. If there’s liquid spraying you can also turn the knob only half way so only a small amount of steam is being released if you prefer).
- Carefully remove the IP lid, stir the mixture, and then let cool of a minute before adding the sour cream.
- Stir in the sour cream, parsley and salt and pepper (can use more or less to taste). Serve!
This post contains affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.