Beef Stroganoff Boats
You don’t need to be an expert in the kitchen to make these Beef Stroganoff Boats. This is an easy 30 minute meal that makes everyone at the dinner table full… and happy! Flavorful beef stroganoff a top a crispy bun, and garnished with juicy tomatoes and crispy green bell peppers is a meal you can’t beat!
Naturally, I thought it time to share this recipe with all of you.
Why this meal will become your new go-to
You don’t need to be an expert in the kitchen to successfully make these beef stroganoff sandwiches.
It’s the perfect recipe for busy, on-the-go individuals because the prep and cooking times are minimal. Plus the end results are delicious!
How to brown ground beef
Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Adding oil is optional. Normally I don’t add oil, but Using a wooden spoon or a heat proof spatula break up the ground beef into equal sized chunks. Let those pieces brown. Don’t get carried away with stirring the beef too much, you want to give it time to fully brown.
Break the beef into smaller pieces as it cooks. Breaking the meat into smaller pieces will ensure that the meat cooks fully and evenly.
Tip: If you’re not using a nonstick skillet, heat a few teaspoons of cooking oil over medium heat and then add the beef once the oil is hot. This will help the ground beef from sticking to the pan so readily.
Despite the fact that this recipe requires turning on the oven, I particularly love making these “sandwiches” in the summer. I find the fresh tomatoes and green bell peppers to be so refreshing a top the beef stroganoff!
Whether you’re juggling a busy schedule or you just want to try an easy, yet new, delicious recipe, I hope you give these Beef Stroganoff Boats a try!
And if you’re looking for more easy dinner recipes, try these:
Share what you make!
If you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’ve made!
Beef Stroganoff Boats
- 6 hoagie buns
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream, heaping
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced (I used Roma tomatoes but you can use whatever you prefer)
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate the hoagie buns and then place on a baking sheet and toast the buns for 6-8 minutes or until lightly crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef with the onion. Towards the middle of the browning process add the Worcestershire sauce. Once the meat has been browned, drain any excess liquid or fat. * Remove from heat.
- Add the sour cream and salt to the meat. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the toasted hoagie buns so that it's evenly dispersed. Top with the diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, and then shredded cheddar cheese. Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.