Ice Cream Nachos
Ice Cream Nachos is the perfect treat to enjoy with family and friends. A pile of broken waffle cones is topped with scoops and scoops of your favorite ice cream flavors and finished off with your favorite toppings! Serve as a large platter or make individual servings.
There is an incredible array of toppings to put on your dessert nacho recipe. Drizzle with my Butterscotch Sauce or my Old Fashioned Hot Fudge Sauce. You can also use some of my homemade ice cream recipes like Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream or my Dark Chocolate Ice Cream!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy dessert recipe. Ice cream nachos are the easiest dessert to put together!
- Perfect dessert for a crowd. If you are looking to create an easy dessert you can serve to a the whole family or a large gathering of people, then dessert nachos is the answer! Pile on the ice cream and toppings and let everyone dig in! You can also let people create their own single plates of ice cream nachos.
- Customize your own ice cream nachos. There are so many delicious ways to make this ice cream nachos recipe. Choose your favorite combination of flavors, toppings, and sauces. Create a large platter or let people customize their own servings of this fun dessert on smaller plates.
- Ice Cream: Pick your favorite 2-3 flavors of ice cream! See my Recipe Tips for combinations.
- Waffle Cones: I love using waffle cones instead of the regular ice cream cones. Break them up into big pieces (aka waffle cone chips) so people can grab a piece and scoop!
- Toppings: Some of my favorite toppings are hot fudge, salted butterscotch sauce, caramel sauce, maraschino cherries, candy pieces, sprinkles, toffee bits, and mini chocolate chips
- Layer the broken waffle cone pieces. Place a piece of parchment paper on a small baking sheet or large platter. Place the waffle cone pieces on top, spreading them around.
- Add the ice cream! Add a bunch of scoops of the ice cream flavors you have chosen. Add as many as you’d like!
- Add your favorite ice cream toppings. Top with hot fudge sauce, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, butterscotch sauce, and colorful sprinkles. Enjoy!
If you want the ice cream to stay frozen a bit better, you can scoop the ice cream onto a wax paper lined plate and then freeze the ice cream balls for 20 minutes.
Make this ice cream nacho sundae dairy free by using non-dairy ice creams.
Ice Cream Nacho Flavor Combinations
- Mint, peppermint, chocolate
- Chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter (or peanut butter trails or other flavor with peanut butter or PB pieces)
- Neapolitan (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla)
- Chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, chocolate/vanilla
- Rainbow sherbet, lime sherbet, orange sherbet
There are so many other flavor combinations that would be delicious! Feel free to use homemade ice cream if you’d like as well.
Ice Cream Nacho Toppings
- Toffee pieces
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed Oreos or Oreo pieces
- Chopped nuts
- Maraschino cherries
- Hot fudge sauce/chocolate syrup
- Butterscotch sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough Bites
- Fresh fruit — blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.
- Chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups (or Reese’s minis)
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
This ice cream nachos recipe is SO easy to make, you don’t need to do anything in advance!
However, if you want, you can scoop the ice cream onto a wax paper-lined plate and freeze the ice cream balls, then use those later when you assemble the ice cream nachos. This will keep the balls frozen longer and will mean you have quicker prep.
Store any leftovers in the freezer, covered!
Think of them like ice cream sundaes meets nachos. Ice cream nachos are simple a pile of broken waffle cone pieces, topped with scoops and scoops of different flavored ice creams, topped with caramel sauce, hot fudge sauce, butterscotch sauce, and sprinkles! You can mix things up with different sauces and ice cream flavors.
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite ice cream flavors. Some delicious ideas would be chocolate ice cream, peanut butter ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, strawberry ice cream, and more!
Yes feel free to use store-bought sauces if you’d like.
More Frozen Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Reese’s Blizzard
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Butterscotch Shake
- Cosmic Brownie Ice Cream
Ice Cream Nachos
- 2-3 ice cream flavors
- 5 large waffle cones - broken into large chunks
- hot fudge
- salted butterscotch sauce
- maraschino cherries
- mini chocolate chips
- toffee bits
- candy pieces
- You can make this as individual servings or portion everything on a large plate. I made this on a large plate.
- Line a large plate, or small baking sheet with parchment paper (easy clean up!) Take the broken waffle cone chunks and spread them around. Add as many ice cream scoops overtop the waffle cones as you’d like!
- Add your favorite toppings. We like hot fudge, caramel and sprinkles! You can add candy pieces, toffee bits. Enjoy immediately.