CPK Club Pizza
This CPK Club Pizza is made with my homemade pizza dough crust, topped with bacon, cooked chopped chicken and cheese and served with sliced tomatoes, lettuce tossed in mayo and sliced avocados.
I love this homemade California Pizza Kitchen club pizza recipe because it isn’t only topped with the protein elements (the cooked chicken and bacon), but the fresh ingredients on the top make it so light and delicious! It’s like pizza and a salad all in one!
This California club pizza is a simple pizza recipe that is perfect for those busy weeknights. You can even make the pizza dough ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer. See my pizza dough recipe for more details on that.
My kids love pizza, and I’m always eager to make sure there are some fresh vegetables on there for them. It’s not always easy getting your kids to eat vegetables, but I’ve found that making food I know they like, such as pizza and pasta (don’t all kids love those? ha), and adding in extra vegetables, helps them see the importance of healthy ingredients.
- ½ batch of my pizza dough recipe
- Olive oil — Divided. We’ll use this for the baking sheet and for drizzling on top of the pizza.
- Chicken breast — Boneless, skinless, cooked and cubed. You can also use rotisserie chicken.
- Mozzarella cheese — Shredded
- Bacon — Cooked and crumbled
- Tomatoes — Sliced. You can use garden tomatoes, Romas, heirloom, grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Romaine lettuce — Shredded. If you think you’ll have leftover pizza, make sure you have some lettuce to hold out (that hasn’t been tossed in mayo) to use on top of the pizza for your leftover night.
- Mayo — We’ll toss the lettuce in mayo with a little salt and pepper to get that creamy club texture and flavor classic to this pizza dish.
- Avocado — Sliced. Store leftover avocado in a separate container with the pit so it doesn’t brown as fast.
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Copycat CPK Club Pizza
- Prep the pan and dough. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Drizzle a tablespoon of the olive oil over a baking sheet or nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface until it’s the size of your baking sheet. (Or you can use a pizza stone). If using a pizza stone you’ll want to half the amount of lettuce and mayo you use as most pizza stones are smaller than baking sheets.
- Add olive oil. Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the crust, use a pastry brush to spread it around.
- Add select toppings and bake. Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly over the crust. Spread the cubed chicken and bacon evenly over the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
- Prep the vegetables. While the pizza is cooking, in a medium bowl add the shredded lettuce. Stir the mayo into the lettuce and season with salt and pepper. Slice the tomatoes and avocado.
- Top with fresh ingredients. Remove the pizza from the oven. Layer the sliced tomatoes on the crust. Next, add the lettuce mixture to the pizza and finally top it with the chopped avocados.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Tools Used for This Recipe
Rolling pin – A staple in my kitchen!
Pizza cutter – Makes slicing and serving much easier.
Salad spinner – I use this to get my lettuce really clean and extra dry! I’m not a big fan of wet lettuce.
Lettuce knife – A safe and easy way to cut lettuce.
Avocado slicer – I think these are the coolest gadgets! Makes cutting and slicing an avocado a breeze.
Check out my post about how to cook bacon in the oven for a hassle-free way to cooking bacon.
If using a pizza stone instead of a baking sheet, half the amount of lettuce and mayo. I like to use a baking sheet because it’s convenient and makes a larger pizza.
For leftovers, store the pizza without the lettuce on top since it will get soggy. Make more of the lettuce/mayo mixture so it’s fresh each time you eat it.
Store the tomatoes, avocado and lettuce (without mayo) in separate containers and reheat the pizza in the oven or microwave before adding the toppings.
You can use arugula instead of romaine if you’d like. Arugula has a distinctive flavor with a sharp, almost peppery-like kick.
Is CPK club pizza thick or thin crust?
The one at the restaurant is thin crust, but you can make the crust thickness to your liking.
Do you bake the pizza first?
For this pizza, you’ll bake the crust with the olive oil, cheese, cooked chicken and cooked bacon crumbles. After the pizza is baked, you’ll add the fresh tomatoes, avocado and lettuce on top.
Is club pizza made with fresh ingredients?
Yes! It’s one of my favorite things about this pizza. All the vegetables in this recipe are fresh and raw, added on top after the pizza is baked.
More Yummy Pizza Recipes
- Pizza Rolls
- Kale Pizza
- Best Pizza Dough Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Nectarine Arugula Pizza
- Prosciutto Blackberry and Basil Pizza
If you make this recipe and love it, I would be so grateful if you come back to leave a rating and review. Thank you! ❤️
CPK Club Pizza
- 1/2 batch of my pizza dough recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast - cooked and cubed, or can also use rotisserie chicken (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 5 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes - sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - shredded
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- 1 large avocado - sliced
- salt and pepper - to taste
- reheat oven to 450°F. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over a baking sheet or nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface until it’s the size of your baking sheet. (Or you can use a pizza stone). If using a pizza stone chances are it's slightly smaller than a baking sheet so you’ll want to half the amount of lettuce and mayo you use).
- Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the crust, use a pastry brush to spread it around.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly over the crust. Spread the cubed chicken and bacon evenly over the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
- While the pizza is cooking, in a medium bowl add the shredded lettuce. Stir the mayo into the lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Layer the sliced tomatoes on the crust. Next, add the lettuce mixture to the pizza and finally top it with the chopped avocados.
- Slice and serve immediately.