This Taquitos recipe is one you’ll turn to time and time again! These taquitos are crispy on the outside and filled with a creamy meat mixture on the inside! It’s a family friendly meal loved by kids and adults!
It’s about time I shared this Taquitos recipe. I’ve been making this for 6 years and it happens to be one of my husbands favorite meals. I love it too! What’s not to love about a quick and delicious dinner?
These Taquitos are filled with ground beef, cream cheese, green chiles, Colby Jack cheese and pepper jack cheese! It’s a family friendly meal loved by kids and adults! (My 3 year old devours these! As does my husband. He can’t get enough of them)!
How to make Taquitos
- Brown the meat with the diced onion. This will soften the onion so that it doesn’t have such a harsh onion flavor to it.
- Once the meat has been browned, add it to a bowl. Then add the softened cream cheese, green chiles, Colby jack cheese and pepper jack cheese, and spices. If you like SPICY food, you can always add some diced jalapeños to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture so that everything is combined.
- Fill flour tortillas with 3 tablespoons or so of the meat mixture. Roll the tortillas up and place them seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Spray the tortillas with a light spritz of olive oil spray (I used avocado spray). Doing this isn’t necessary, but it helps the tortillas crisp up a bit better.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
This is the perfect meal to make when you’re running short on time.
Serve these creamy taquitos with salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce, avocado, cilantro… whatever you wish! We love dipping the taquitos in salsa!
Looking for more delicious dinner ideas? Check out these recipes:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
An easy and delicious meal! These creamy taquitos are a family favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded (can also use cheddar cheese)
- 4 oz diced green chiles (1-4 oz can)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 16 6 inch flour tortillas
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet, or line with parchment or aluminum foil. (makes for easy clean up).
In a sauté pan over medium heat, brown the beef and onion together. Discard any excess fat that may have accumulated while browning the beef.
Transfer the beef and onion mixture to a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, Colby jack cheese, diced green chiles, salt, pepper, and cumin to the bowl. Mix to combine.
Add 2-3 T. of meat mixture to each flour tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
Lightly spray the tops of the taquitos with olive oil or avocado oil spray. (Not heavy handed... just a light mist).
Bake for 18-25 minutes or until lightly crisp and golden brown on top. *
Serve with salsa and a garnish of cilantro if desired.
*You can turn the broiler on for a minute or two towards the end if you wish. This will help really crisp them up! However, pay close attention! They can burn fast! Don't leave them unattended.