Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is going to be a new family favorite! The rice has a subtle hint of lime and cilantro, but nothing too overpowering. We love to serve it with or along side Cafe Rio sweet pork, cilantro lime dressing, and Cafe Rio style black beans.
Ingredients to make Cilantro Lime Rice
To make this easy cilantro lime rice, you’ll need:
- Long grain white rice – can use Jasmine rice too for a more fragrant flavor.
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Lime juice
- Orange juice
How to make Cilantro Lime Rice
In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Once boiling add the rice and salt. Stir to combine. Return to a boil.
Once it is a rolling boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer the rice for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and keep covered for 2 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork then stir in the oil, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and orange juice.
If you like this cilantro lime rice recipe, here are more you’ll love:
Craving more? Subscribe to Salt & Baker to receive delicious recipes straight to your inbox (for FREE)!
If you make a recipe from saltandbaker.com make sure to leave a rating and review. Thank you so much!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Once boiling add the rice and salt. Stir to combine.
- Return to a boil. Once it is a rolling boil reduce to a simmer and simmer rice for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keep covered for 2 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in the oil, cilantro, lime juice, and orange juice. Serve!