Creamy Dijon Mustard Chicken
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Dijon Mustard Chicken is an easy dinner (or lunch) recipe that adults and kids will love. The sauce is made with garlic, dijon mustard, and chopped spinach. For an added bonus, this recipe takes only 20 minutes to make!
I’ve never been a fan of plain ole cooked chicken breasts. I’m much more of the “chicken WITH a sauce” type of gal. I find the sauce keeps the chicken interesting.
I’m here to tell you just how excited I am about this recipe! We’ve eaten this multiple times for dinner this past month. It’s one recipe you can count on for multiple reasons:
- the ingredients needed are always in my house/fridge (chicken, spinach, cream, milk, dijon mustard).
- It doesn’t take a lot of time to make this mustard chicken recipe (20 minutes is all!!!!).
- The flavor is incredible.
How to make Dijon Mustard Chicken
First, take 2 chicken breasts and cut them in half lengthwise to create 4 chicken filets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and sear the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Making the Creamy Mustard Sauce
To make the sauce, add the garlic to the now empty skillet and stir the garlic for a few seconds. Stream in the heavy cream, milk, and dijon mustard and bring to a low simmer.
Once simmering add the parmesan cheese and chopped spinach. Stir the spinach into the sauce so that it starts to wilt.
Place the cooked chicken into the sauce, making sure to spoon the mustard sauce over each chicken breast. Keep the chicken in the skillet until warmed and heated through.
More easy chicken dinner recipes:
- Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Curry Chicken and Rice
- Italian Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
If you make this recipe, or any other recipe on the blog don’t forget to leave a comment and review!
If you’re craving more SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER. You’ll get new posts, newsletters, and so much more delivered straight to your inbox!
Creamy Dijon Mustard Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to create 4 chicken filets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Pour oil In a skillet over medium heat; once oil is shimmering add the chicken breasts and sear each side for 6-8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the garlic to the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds and then pour in the heavy cream and milk. Stir in the Dijon mustard.
- Bring to a simmer. Once simmering reduce heat to low and add the parmesan. Mix to combine and then add the chopped spinach. Stir in the spinach, and the place the chicken breasts back in the skillet. Scoop the cream mixture overtop of each chicken breast. Heat until chicken is warm again and serve immediately.