Oven Roasted Broccoli
With only 4 basic ingredients, this easy and healthy oven roasted broccoli is a fast and easy side dish, the perfect accompaniment to any dinner!
Let me tell you a brief story. It won’t take long.
It’s goes like this… a few weeks ago I recipe tested this roasted broccoli recipe. I then ate the ENTIRE pan of roasted broccoli.
Ironically I made the broccoli for dinner and was planning on serving it alongside my honey glazed salmon. Yeah, that didn’t happen.
I ate the broccoli as if it were candy. And honestly, it tasted like candy! In a really healthy, non-guilty kind of way.
Funny enough, I literally ate them standing next to the oven because I was practically shoveling the green trees in my face.
Moral of the story: oven roasted broccoli will change your life!
If you don’t like broccoli, give the green vegetable another chance. Use this recipe, or make my Broccoli Caesar Salad, and fall in love with one of the healthiest vegetables.
- Broccoli – you’ll need 2 large broccoli heads. If yours are on the smaller side, use 3. Cut the broccoli into florets. You should end up with somewhere around 6 cups of broccoli.
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli.
- Toss the broccoli so that it’s evenly coated in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing at least once (at the halfway point) during cooking time. Roast until tender and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately!
Roasted Broccoli Tips
- When cutting the broccoli into florets, try and cut them into bite-size pieces, and uniform in size. This will make them easier to eat and they’ll roast in the oven more evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. Do your best to spread the broccoli in an even layer prior to roasting.
- Roast at the right temperature. You want the oven to be hot enough it crisps the edges of the broccoli, but doesn’t burn them. Also keep in mind we’re working with olive oil, so you don’t want to crank the oven too hot. I found 425°F to be perfect!
Recipes to eat alongside roasted broccoli
- Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Baked Ziti Recipe
- Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- Dijon Mustard Chicken
I hope you make this recipe! If you have as little self control as me (like you totally eat the full pan), please let me know! 😊 My husband thought I was slightly crazy for gobbling up a pan of broccoli, of all things!
Remember, if you make this recipe snap a photo and share it on Instagram. Tag @saltandbaker in your post and stories so I can see what you’re making 💗
Last but not least, get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up below!
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 2 large broccoli heads - cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil overtop of the broccoli. Using your hands, gently toss the broccoli so that it’s evenly coated in the olive oil. Arrange the broccoli in an even layer across the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing halfway through baking time, until fork tender and lightly browned, about 18-22 minutes.