Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Imagine my excitement when I took a bite out of these Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers and realized they taste JUST LIKE the real thing! You’ll never be able to guess these were made at home.
Wingers Sticky Fingers
The key to making these taste just like the restaurant version is to make the sauce ahead of time. It doesn’t have to be long before, but at least an hour or two before you sit down to eat.
how to make Wingers Amazing Sauce
In a small sauce pan add the brown sugar, Franks hot sauce, and water.
Pro tip: you must use Franks Hot Sauce for optimum flavor!
Cook the sauce over medium to medium low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring the sauce to a boil and then remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Note, it’s important the sauce cools and thickens before you pour it over the chicken.
Make the Chicken
Prepare a 25 oz bag of Tysons frozen breaded chicken strips according to package directions. You can bake the chicken, use an air fryer, or deep fry them. I deep fried the chicken strips.
Once the chicken is prepared, drizzle the homemade Wingers amazing sauce over the chicken and gently toss to coat.
Serve immediately with a side of ranch.
- Avocado chicken wraps
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Copycat Johnny Carinos Bowtie Festival
If you make this recipe or any other recipe on Salt & Baker, I’d love if you leave a rating and review!
And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Wingers Sticky Fingers
- 25 oz Tyson Frozen Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1/3 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons water
- Prepare the chicken strips according to package directions. I like to fry mine in vegetable oil. If you want to use this method, this is how I do it: fill a pot with oil about 2 inches deep. Heat oil to 375°F. Add half of the chicken strips to the oil and fry for 7 minutes. Use kitchen tongs to transfer the chicken strips to a paper towel lined plate. Fry the other half of the chicken strips.
- Once the chicken strips have been fried/baked or prepared how you wish, transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Drizzle the sauce overtop of the chicken and toss to coat. Serve warm with a side of ranch dressing.
How to make the sauce
- In a small saucepan add the hot sauce, brown sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat until the brown sugar dissolves. The mixture should come to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature before pouring over top of the chicken. Note, the sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Do not pour hot sauce over the chicken... the sauce must cool to allow time for it to thicken.