Best Bacon Burgers
These are the BEST bacon burgers ever!! These juicy hamburgers are loaded with bacon and the perfect seasoning blends. They’re so good they put popular hamburger joints to shame.
You guys, I made these bacon burgers just last week and my husband and I both agreed they were the best hamburgers we’ve ever had. Which is totally saying something because while we lived in Utah we went to a restaurant that was known for their juicy hamburgers.
These bacon burgers were better.
I’ve seen hamburgers wrapped in bacon, and while those look mouth watering and so good, I just didn’t want to tackle something like that. I worried the ground beef wouldn’t cook through because the bacon would be covering it.
So I thought, “Why not add the bacon to the meat!”
We add tons of flavor by adding the bacon, but we also add some grill seasoning and Worcestershire sauce to really tenderize and provide HUGE flavor.
Ingredients to make Bacon Burgers
You need just a few ingredients to make these mouthwatering bacon burgers:
- Olive oil – this is used to cook the onion and bacon. You don’t need a lot of olive oil because the bacon will give off some grease.
- 8 slices of bacon – you can use thick slices of bacon if you’d like. The key is to chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Yellow onion – finely minced. Gotta have onions in homemade hamburgers!
- Ground beef – I used an 80/20 beef. You can use similar, or go for a 90/10 or somewhere in that ball park.
- Grill seasoning – I love McCormick mesquite so that’s what I used. However, if you have a grill seasoning that you love, use that!
- Garlic powder – for flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce – adds the most amazing flavor to this meat!
How to make the Best Bacon Burgers
I have yet to mention that these bacon burgers take just 25 minutes to make. Crazy right?!
Begin by cooking the bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat.
You want the onion to be translucent and the bacon to be slightly cooked, but don’t cook the bacon to the crispy stage.
Once the bacon and onion are done, transfer them to a large bowl.
Add the ground beef, grill seasoning, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for good measure.
Form the meat mixture into 6 patties.
Place the patties on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place the patties in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes.
Pro tip: chilling the hamburger patties will help hold them together when they’re cooked.
Cooking Bacon Burgers
When ready to eat, remove the patties from the fridge.
Place the patties on a grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
To cook in a cast iron skillet: place a small drizzle of olive oil in skillet and cook the patties over medium to medium/low heat for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
Top with cheese if desired.
Serve the burgers on a bun topped with lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, and ketchup, if desired!
And if you love these bacon burgers be sure to check out these recipes:
- Feta Corn Salad – a delicious summery side salad.
- Beef Stroganoff Boats – another easy dinner recipe!
- BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe – using a 5 minute homemade BBQ sauce.
- Crispy Baked Potato Wedges – perfect side to any sandwich or hamburger!
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER! You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out! Subscribe below!
If you make a recipe from my blog be sure and tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’ve made!
Best Bacon Burgers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 slices bacon finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow onion finely minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef 80/20
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning I used McCormick mesquite
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat add the oil, then add the bacon and minced onion. Cook until onion is translucent, and bacon is slightly cooked- it won’t be fully cooked or crispy (about 5-7 minutes cook time). Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the ground beef, grill seasoning, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to the bowl and mix until combined. *
- Form into 6 patties. Place patties on a baking sheet or pan lined with parchment paper. Place patties in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes. (Helps hold patties together).
- Remove from fridge and grill patties for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. ** Top with cheese if desired.
- Serve on a bun with lettuce, purple onion, tomato, mayo, and ketchup (if desired)!