Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
Do you need to spruce up the side dishes you serve at the dinner table? If so, these brown sugar roasted carrots with thyme would be a great place to start! Or check out my addicting oven roasted broccoli. 😍
You’re going to make this recipe and LOVE IT. I mean, absolutely love it!
I’m a bit partial to carrots, I really like them! The flavor is a bit more mild, unlike broccoli. You eat broccoli and it feels like you’re eating a tree. I mean, broccoli tastes healthy.
Good news is, this recipe features a healthy vegetable (carrots) that are covered in a delicious thyme infused buttery brown sugar sauce.
Mayyyyybe the sauce offsets the health benefits of the carrots. Maybe. But we won’t let that stop us!
Here’s how to make them…
- Long carrots – peeled. You can keep the tops on or cut them off. As you can see in the photo, I kept the small stem stubs on.
- Butter – melted. Can use salted or unsalted butter here.
- Fresh thyme – I used a little over 1 tsp, 1 1/2 teaspoon to be exact. However, you could use 2 teaspoons to get a more powerful thyme flavored dish.
- Garlic powder
- Brown sugar – you can use light or dark brown sugar.
How to make Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Place the peeled carrots on a baking sheet. Pro tip: use parchment paper for easy clean up.
In a small bowl combine the melted butter, fresh thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Pour the buttery mixture over the carrots. Using your hands, toss the carrots in the mixture, making sure to get each carrot coated.
Bake for 20-25 minuets or until fork tender.
Note: bake time will vary depending on the thickness of your carrots.
I suggest you use fresh thyme in this recipe, however you can substitute the fresh thyme for dried thyme.
What to serve with these Roasted Carrots
- Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- Dijon Mustard Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Skillet Lasagna
Will you do me a favor? If you make this recipe, or any recipe on Salt & Baker, will you come back and leave a review? I would love that so much! Your comments help other readers who are making the recipes too.
Do you use Instagram? If so, tag @saltandbaker in your post and stories so I can see what you’re making 💛 Thanks! You’re the best!
Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
- 12-15 carrots - peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt - reduce to 3/4 tsp if using salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar - packed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the carrots on a baking sheet. (Use parchment for easy clean up).
- In a small bowl combine the butter, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Pour the buttery mixture over the carrots. Using your hands, toss the carrots in the mixture, making sure to get each carrot coated in the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Bake time will vary depending on the thickness of your carts.