No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
Hot summer days call for a nice cold scoop of No Churn Oreo Ice Cream! This no churn ice cream takes 10 minutes to make and is LOADED with Oreo crumbs, chunks, and mini chocolate chips! It’s absolute perfection!
Want to know what else is perfect? My Oreo ice cream cake and cookies and cream popsicles. Both are great summer dessert that are easy to make and super yummy… plus they have Oreo’s and everyone loves Oreos, right?
I can’t believe it took me SO long to try no churn ice cream. I’ve seen recipes floating around Pinterest about “no churn ice cream” but to say I was skeptical is an understatement.
My mind was made up that no churn ice cream was boring, flat, not creamy, and quite frankly a major cop-out to regular ice cream.
I was wrong.
I admit it! I was wrong. No churn ice cream is actually REALLY GOOD!
A favorite ice cream flavor of mine is Cookies & Cream ice cream. I chopped a handful of the Oreos into finer pieces and left some Oreos in larger chunks. Doing this means there’s TONS of Oreo pieces throughout the ice cream.
Ingredients needed for No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
- Oreos (a given)
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips (not necessary, but highly recommended)! It adds the perfect crunch and texture, trust me!
How to make no churn ice cream
First, whip the heavy cream and vanilla. I like to use my stand mixer to do this because it requires zero effort on my part. I have a great blog post that covers everything you need to know about whipping heavy whipping cream at home.
Once the whipped cream has attained stiff peaks, add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream. Gently fold it in. (Pictured above).
Next, add the crushed and chopped Oreos and mini chocolate chips to the cream mixture. (Pictured above). Mix it so that everything is evenly combined.
Finally, place the no churn ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container. I use a bread pan because it fits the ice cream perfectly! Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
THAT’S IT! Done!
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prep and make, which is so nice! The hardest part is waiting for the ice cream to freeze and firm up.
Trust me when I say, you’re going to love this Oreo ice cream!
Subscribe to Salt & Baker
If you love these recipes, be sure and subscribe. You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out!
And don’t forget, if you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’ve made!
No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
- Add 10 Oreo cookies to a food processor (or place in a zip top bag and use a rolling pin to crush) and pulse until the Oreos are a medium/fine crumb. Place in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Now add 15 Oreo cookies to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. You want some big chunks. (You can also just chop the Oreos with a knife, or place them in a zip top bag and use a rolling pin to break them into coarse pieces).
- Using an electric mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. About 2-3 minutes. *
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream. Fold to combine.
- Add the mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreos, and chopped Oreos to the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the "ice cream" mixture into a freezer safe container. I use a bread pan because it fits the contents perfectly! Top with additional Oreos and mini chocolate chips if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Freeze overnight or for 6 hours.