Cookies and Cream Popsicles
I’m so excited to share these delicious Cookies and Cream Popsicles with you! The popsicles are full of crushed Oreo’s! If you’re a cookies and cream lover, you need these in your life.
This recipe comes from the book For the Love of Popsicles written by Sarah from Live Eat Learn. The book is amazing! For one, the photography is beautiful and second, it’s packed with unique and classic popsicle recipes. If you purchase the book you’ll be set for summer!
I’m a bit obsessed with Oreo desserts, specifically frozen Oreo desserts! I have an Oreo ice cream cake that will make you wish it were summer all year long, and then an easy no churn Oreo ice cream recipe that’s rich, creamy, and packed with Oreo’s.
I really like Oreo’s.
Ingredients for Cookies and Cream Popsicles
- Vanilla yogurt
- Cream cheese – make sure it’s softened; in fact, I recommend you whip the cream cheese with beaters so that it’s not lumpy when you mix it with the other ingredients.
- Milk – you can substitute with a dairy-free option here if you’d like.
- Sugar – or honey will work great too.
- Vanilla extract
- Crushed Oreos – with a few whole Oreo’s to place in the well of each popsicles mold.
How to make Cookies and Cream Popsicles
First, add all of the ingredients except the crushed Oreos to a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Pro tip: Like I mentioned above, I suggest you beat the cream cheese with hand beaters until smooth. Doing this will ensure there’s no lumps of cream cheese in the popsicles.
Add the crushed Oreo’s to the bowl and mix until combined.
Once combined, pour into popsicle molds, leaving space at the top for the popsicles to expand.
If you want to add a whole Oreo cookie to the popsicle mold, fill the popsicle mold halfway, set an Oreo cookie inside, then continue filling until the well is almost full.
Tap firmly on the counter to remove any air bubbles, then insert sticks into the mold and freeze until firm. It will take about 4 hours for the popsicles to fully freeze.
When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles up, then gently pull to remove them from the mold.
It’s that easy! These popsicles are so good!
If you’re looking for more heat quenching summer treats be sure to check out these recipes:
Craving more? Subscribe to Salt & Baker. You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out!
And don’t forget, if you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’ve made! xoxo
Cookies and Cream Popsicles
- In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, cream cheese, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Once smooth stir in the crushed cookies.
- Pour into the popsicle molds, leaving a little space at the top for them to expand. OR you can place a whole cookie into each mold for a hidden treat by filling the molds halfway, setting the cookie inside the mold, then topping off to fill each well.
- Tap firmly on the counter to remove bubbles.
- Insert sticks and freeze until hard (at least 4 hours).
- Remove from the freezer and run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles from the mold, then gently pull on the popsicle stick to remove from the mold completely.