Cream Cheese Brown Sugar Fruit Dip
Cream Cheese Brown Sugar Fruit Dip uses just 3 ingredients and makes the most amazing fruit dip! The smooth and creamy texture has the perfect balance of sweetness and can be paired with any fruit.
If you love this cream cheese fruit dip, then you’ll definitely want to try my Greek Yogurt Fruit Bites! They are equally delicious and are both fun recipes to serve at potlucks, picnics and parties — or as a delicious snack! If you’re looking for a fruit salad recipe, try my fresh Fruit Salad Cocktail.
Why This Recipe Works
- 3-ingredient fruit dip. This recipe only requires 3 ingredients. Three!
- Easy cream cheese fruit dip. It’s really easy to make. In fact, it takes just 5 minutes to whip together. Plus, this cream cheese brown sugar fruit dip is very versatile; you can make it for a casual get-together or a sophisticated party or gathering.
- Best cream cheese fruit dip. This cream cheese fruit dip recipe is from my mother-in-law, and I must say it’s the best fruit dip! This dip is such an easy snack and tastes amazing paired with any/every fruit!
- Cream cheese fruit dip without marshmallow creme. Lots of recipes out there include marshmallow fluff or marshmallow cream. This one just lets the cream cheese shine!
- Brown Sugar: The brown sugar is what gives this easy cream cheese fruit dip that golden like color. It adds the perfect flavor and sweetness to the dip.
- Powdered Sugar: The powdered sugar helps to add additional sweetness to the brown sugar cream cheese dip while keeping the texture smooth and creamy.
- Cream Cheese: You’ll want to use room temperature cream cheese. I would let the block of cream cheese sit out for a couple of ours before making the dip. This way it beats up much more easily.
- Combine all the ingredients. To a medium-sized bowl add 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 8 oz softened cream cheese. Using an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth. Serve with a fresh fruit platter. Enjoy!
The brown sugar doesn’t fully dissolve when making this recipe. If you’re wanting it to, you can try beating the mixture for 5-8 minutes if it bothers you. But I actually like the subtle crunch the sugar granules give to this cream cheese brown sugar fruit dip.
Once you make the dip, I would store it in the fridge until you serve it. Then, remove the creamy fruit dip from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to serving it so the dip softens a bit and makes it easier to scoop up.
Best fruit to serve with fruit dip:
You can serve this dip with any kind of fruit! Here are some favorite fruits:
- Apple slices
Don’t limit yourself to fruit though! This cream cheese dip is delicious served with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers (which are a big hit with the kiddos), or even enjoy a salty and sweet combination with pretzels!
Serve the dip in a separate container (like a small bowl) so none of the juices from the fruit mess with the consistency of the brown sugar fruit dip.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Store any leftover brown sugar cream cheese fruit dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days.
Be sure to store the creamy dip in a serving bowl that is separate from the fruit so none of the juices mess with the consistency.
I wouldn’t freeze cream cheese fruit dip because of the cream cheese. Upon freezing and thawing, you’d get some separation. This 3-ingredient fruit dip is best enjoy freshly made!
Technically, yes. I wouldn’t recommend it though because it won’t hold up as well. Once it thaws, you can get some separation since the dip is made with a dairy product.
There are so many variations, but this cream cheese brown sugar fruit dip has cream cheese, brown sugar and then powdered sugar. It’s so easy and so delicious!
I would use it within the first 5 days for best results, but you should be good for a full week.
You can let the cream cheese brown sugar fruit dip sit out at room temperature for a couple of hours, but then I would return it to the fridge.
More Easy Dip Recipes
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- Place the cream cheese, brown sugar, and powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl (or kitchen aid bowl fitted with the whisk attachment). Beat until smooth.
- Serve with fruit.
- Store leftover fruit dip in the fridge in an airtight container. Serve the fruit dip more towards room temperature for easier dipping.