A sausage dip you can count on! This spicy cream cheese sausage dip is highly addicting and loved by everyone! It’s the perfect appetizer and chip dip for game day or parties!
If I could only eat one chip dip for the rest of my life, it would be this sausage cream cheese dip! It has the perfect amount of spice and creaminess. We make it every year for the Super Bowl, New Years Eve, and Thanksgiving.
My mother-in-law was the one who introduced me to this cream cheese sausage dip, and folks, it’s the greatest dip of all time!
How to make Sausage Dip
You need sausage. I use 1 lb of regular Jimmy Dean Sausage and 1 lb of hot Jimmy Dean sausage.
Brown the sausage until it’s fully cooked. Are sure to break up the sausage into bite size chunks as you’re browning it.
Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the cooked sausage. Once you’ve incorporated the cream cheese and sour cream add the canned jalapeños. You can use fresh jalapeños if you’d like, but I usually use canned.
Add dried chopped onions. Stir to combine.
Serve the sausage cream cheese dip warm, with tortilla chips.
This sausage dip is creamy, delicious, and so easy to make! If you’re looking for a game day appetizer or a chip dip to serve at a party, make this! You’ll be so glad you did!
And if you’re lucky you might have leftovers. But I wouldn’t count on it ?
Craving more delicious recipes? Be sure to make these yummy appetizers:
SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
- 16 oz Hot pork sausage, I use Jimmy Dean brand
- 16 oz Regular pork sausage, I use Jimmy Dean brand
- 2 T + 1 tsp canned diced jalapeños, I don't drain the liquid.
- 16 oz sour cream, can use light
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped onion*
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown the sausage. Crumbling it up into small pieces as you go.
- Once the sausage is brown and cooked all the way through, drain any liquid. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, diced jalapeños, dried chopped onion, and onion powder.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Stir until cream cheese is melted and all of the ingredients are incorporated
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.