Creamy Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You need to make this creamy Nutella Cheesecake recipe ASAP. For starters this cheesecake features an Oreo crust (yummmm!), a creamy Nutella-loaded cheesecake filling, and to top it all off a thick and rich Nutella ganache.
Yeah, we getting fancy here.
But seriously, this cheesecake is top-notch, ultra indulgent, decadent, fancy, holiday worthy, Valentine’s Day appropriate, while still being sweat-pants-movie-night-in dessert. (Pretty sure that last sentence features terrible grammar).
The point is… this dessert is perfect for any occasion.
Alright friends, let’s discuss the basics. What ingredients do you need to make Nutella cheesecake?
Nutella Cheesecake Ingredients
In addition to Nutella you’ll need basic pantry/fridge ingredients such as: granulated sugar, flour, vanilla extract, eggs, heavy cream, and chocolate chips.
How to make a (creamy) baked Nutella Cheesecake
Step 1: Make the Oreo crust
You’ll need 3 cups of crushed Oreo crumbs. Leave the filling in the Oreo and grind the cookies in a food processor until they reach the consistency of fine crumbs.
Oreo crust tip: Don’t use double stuf Oreos for this recipe (there’s too much cream filling).
Mix the Oreo crumbs with some melted butter, then press the Oreo mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake the crust at 325°F for 8-9 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool.
As for the springform pan I place a sheet of circular parchment paper (cut to the size of the pan) on the bottom of the pan and then grease the sides with softened butter. You can also use shortening if you’d like.
Once you’ve baked the Oreo crust, let it cool. Then wrap the springform pan with foil (pro tip: double wrap it just to be safe) so that water doesn’t seep into the pan during the water bath. What happens if water seeps into the pan? You’ll get a soggy crust. Not fun. Double wrap the pan.
Step 2: Make the cheesecake filling
Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour on low speed until combined and smooth. Pro tip: we use LOW speed as to not bring in too much air in the filling. Air= air pockets. We don’t want that for this cheesecake.
Add the vanilla extract and Nutella and mix on low until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Next, add the room temperature eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Again, scrape down the sides of the bowl after icing in each eggs.
Lastly, spread the filling into the springform pan. Using a spatula or an offset spatula (my favorite tool to use for evening out cake batters) smooth then top of the cheesecake to ensure it’s even.
Step 3: Bake the Cheesecake
Place the foil wrapped springform pan in a large (and tall) cake pan, or use a roasting pan. Fill the pan with hot water. The water should go halfway up the sides of the springform pan but not past the aluminum foil!
Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Once it’s done baking turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 30 minutes.
Crack the oven door open for 30 more minutes and let cheesecake continue to cool inside the oven. Make sure you follow these cheesecake cooling steps to ensure a no-crack nutella cheesecake!
Now you can remove the cheesecake from the oven. Carefully take the springform pan out of the water bath, cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold and firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
Step 4: Nutella Ganache
(Do this next step about 30 minutes prior to serving the cheesecake.)
Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and uncover it. Remove the sides of the springform pan and set the cheesecake on a large plate or cake stand (or whatever you want to serve it on).
To make the ganache place the Nutella, chocolate chips, and heavy cream in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20 second increments, stirring well after each increment, until melted and smooth. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
Pour the Nutella ganache over the top of the Nutella cheesecake. Gently spread it to the borders. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this new favorite dessert of mine! If you make one of my recipes, I would love for you to come back and leave a rating and review on that recipe post.
Thank you so much for following along!
The internet is a big place and I don’t want you to forget about me (lets be friends)! Subscribe below so that you’ll receive new recipes straight to your inbox.
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs See Note #1
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
Nutella Cheesecake Filling
- 24 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Nutella
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 9” springform pan with parchment on the bottom, then grease the sides.
- In a medium size bowl combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Press the Oreo butter mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake the crust for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temp to 300°F.
- Once cool wrap the outsides of the springform pan with foil so that water doesn’t seep into the pan during the water bath.
- Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until combined and smooth. Add the vanilla and Nutella and mix on low until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after mixing in each egg.
- Spread the filling into the springform pan. Smooth the top to make even.
- Place the pan in a large roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with hot water. The water should go halfway up the sides of the springform pan but not past the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. The center will be set but slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 30 minutes. Crack the oven door open for 30 more minutes and let cheesecake continue to cool. (Helps prevent cracking).
- Remove cheesecake from the oven, then carefully remove the cheesecake from the water bath, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake until chilled and firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove the sides of the springform pan and set the cheesecake on a large plate (or whichever tray you want to serve it on). Then make the ganache…
- Place the Nutella, chocolate chips, and heavy cream in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second increments until melted and smooth. Let mixture cool for 5 minutes. Pour half of the ganache over the cheesecake (starting in the center). Gently spread it to the borders. Refrigerate until set.
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreo's. Leave the filling in the Oreos, but don't use double stuf. there's too much cream filling in the double stuf ones.