This Nutella Milkshake is made with just Nutella, ice cream and milk for the most simple, yet simply delicious milkshake recipe! I mean, when you combine the most amazing ingredients, of course you’ll get an amazing treat!
When it comes to delicious milkshake recipes, it’s all about getting the right flavor combinations! Oreo Milkshake is always a winner, and Peach Milkshake is amazing because it has that fresh peach flavor. My Butterscotch Shake and Biscoff Milkshake are fun, indulgent milkshakes you will keep coming back to!
Why This Recipe Works
- Favorite flavors. Nutella is a fan favorite flavor and you can’t go wrong turning it into a Nutella shake! The nutty, chocolatey spread is the perfect complement to ice cream! If you are a Nutella lover, then you will go crazy for this ultimate Nutella milkshake recipe!
- Simple ingredients. All this easy Nutella milkshake recipe calls for is ice cream, Nutella, and milk! Add to a blender and you are set! It’s such an easy treat and you get a deliciously creamy milkshake.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Feel free to use whatever brand of vanilla ice cream you love the most! You can use regular vanilla ice cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
- Nutella: Any chocolate hazelnut spread will do. I also microwaved a little Nutella to drizzle on top of the Nutella milkshake!
- Milk: Use more or less to get your desired consistency. Less milk will give you a thicker milkshake. You’re also welcome to use whatever milk you prefer (1%, 2%, skim milk, or whole milk). I haven’t made this Nutella shake recipe with soy milk or almond milk, so if you use one of those, just know the flavor may be affected since the milk flavor is different.
- Whipped Topping: Adding whipped cream on top of the Nutella shake is such a fun way to spruce up your dessert!
- Add ingredients to a blender. Add the ice cream, Nutella, and milk to a blender.
- Blend. Blend until smooth. Pour the creamy Nutella milkshake into a cup or milkshake glasses and top with whipped topping and Nutella drizzle! Serve immediately.
Get creative with the toppings! Feel free to add mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc. You can add chopped hazelnuts to for those nut lovers!
Turn this delicious Nutella milkshake into something new with more delicious flavor combinations like Nutella banana milkshake, Nutella chocolate chip, peanut butter Nutella milkshake, or Nutella Oreo! If you are adding additional ingredients, just note you may need a splash or two more of milk to help it blend better.
This Nutella milkshake recipe will serve about 2 people. You can make multiple batches of the recipe to serve a bigger crowd.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Make the Nutella milkshake right before serving. Milkshakes will melt quickly.
Store leftovers in the freezer. Let it sit out to soften, or plop into the blender with a bit more milk and blend to return to milkshake consistency.
Yes you can! Nutella is the most common/famous brand, but you can use whatever store brand of chocolate hazelnut spread you have.
This could be for a few reasons: the ice cream wasn’t cold enough or there was too much milk added. Be sure the ice cream is nice and solid. Then when you add the amount of milk listed in the recipe card, you should get the perfect consistency. Also, be sure to serve the Nutella milkshake right away!
You need more milk! The milk is an important ingredient in milkshakes because it helps the blender blend the ice cream.
Yes you can! If you want to amp up the chocolate flavor, you can use chocolate ice cream.
More Nutella Recipes
- Nutella Brownies
- Nutella Stuffed Nutella Cookies
- Nutella Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Crepes with Whipped Nutella
- Creamy Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup milk - use 1/8 cup if you want a thicker consistency
- whipped topping - optional
- 2 tablespoons Nutella - slightly melted (just microwave for 5-10 seconds to be a drivable consistency)
- Add the milk, Nutella, and ice cream to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup, top with whipped cream and drizzle with melted Nutella, if desired. Serve immediately.