No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe is your new favorite frozen pie. No lie! We ate this pie within 24 hours, and quite frankly we could have downed it within 12 if hadn’t enforced some sort of self control amongst my family. We are suckers for peanut butter desserts (especially ones that include Reese’s peanut butter cups)!
But seriously, now that I know how GOOD this dessert tastes, I’ve found myself craving it and finding excuses to make it. We invited friends over for dinner last Sunday. What dessert did I make? Oh you know, this one!
In fact, leading up to dinner I told my husband no fewer than 3 times just how excited I was for dessert. P.S. our friends loved it too.
The cravings will set in after 1 bite. It only takes 1 bite and you’ll be hooked.
Why you’ll love this recipe
First and foremost, it’s a no-bake dessert. This is definitely a feature to celebrate. And with this being a no-bake treat this recipe automatically becomes a year-round dessert option. When summer months hit (it gets so stinkin’ hot in Texas!!!!!) this is the pie I’ll be making.
This creamy peanut butter pie requires 6 ingredients and takes a solid 5 minutes to assemble (and 30 seconds to eat).
You can eat the pie straight out of the freezer (frozen) or let it thaw slightly so that it’s chilled with a slightly firm, yet creamy texture. I like it both ways!
If you enjoy the taste of peanut butter you will adore this dessert. Enough said. Just make it already 😄
- Cream cheese – you’ll need 4 oz of softened cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar – no need to sift the powdered sugar.
- Peanut butter – use creamy peanut butter. I haven’t tried making this pie with a natural peanut butter. I’m guessing it will turn out just fine. The only issue with natural peanut butters is that the oil can separate. If using a natural pb just make sure you stir it well before adding it in the recipe.
- Milk – any milk fat will do. I used 2% when I made this pie.
- Frozen whipped topping – aka Cool Whip; you’ll need 8 oz, thawed.
- Reese’s peanut butter cups – this isn’t absolutely necessary but I highly encourage it!
- 9 inch graham cracker crust – to make this a true “no-bake” dessert, you can follow the instructions in my graham cracker crust recipe and just chill the crust rather than bake it.
How to make No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Make a graham cracker pie crust. To make the crust (and dessert) a true no-bake pie, chill the pie crust rather than bake it.
- Make the peanut butter filling. In the bowl of an electric mixer (fitted with the whisk attachment) beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the peanut butter and milk and beat until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the (thawed) whipped topping.
- Place in the pie crust. Spoon the mixture into the graham cracker crust. Using an off set spatula smooth the mixture into an even layer.
- Freeze the pie. Cover the pie and place in the freezer until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top & serve. When ready to serve, remove the pie from the freezer and top with chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and fudge sauce if desired.
This pie will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you like this easy peanut butter pie, here are more recipes you’ll love:
- Reese’s peanut butter cup s’mores skillet
- No Bake Cookies
- Small batch muddy buddies
- Peanut Butter panic ice cream cupcakes
If you make this recipe or any other recipe from Salt & Baker, please come back and leave a review! I love reading your comments.
If you like these recipes, consider joining thousands of others in the Salt & Baker community! You can do so by signing up below! You’ll receive new recipes straight to your inbox.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- In an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Mix in peanut butter and milk and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Before serving top the pie with chopped reeses peanut butter cups and fudge sauce if desired.