The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My most favorite cookie of ALL TIME! These are The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies! They are soft, rich, and completely irresistible!
This recipe has evolved over the years. I’ve become famous amongst friends and family for making THE best no-bake cookies. I’ve also become well known for my Texas sheet cake, my (no-bake) Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding, and my brown butter chocolate chip cookies to name a few.
But these soft, rich, and decadent no-bake cookies are my signature dessert. Is it sad that something so simple is my signature dish? I mean, they are so easy to make!
But the combination of chocolate and peanut butter… it’s a match made in heaven. Everyone knows this!
How do you make No Bake Cookies
- Grab a saucepan. Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil (stirring occasionally) for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the delicious peanut butter!
- Add the vanilla and the oats.
- Scoop onto wax paper and let set. Enjoy!
Tips for success
- Use quick oats. The Old Fashioned Oats are too large. I mean, you can use the old fashioned oats, but in my opinion, the quick oats make for a much more delicious no bake cookie 🙂
- Don’t heat the cocoa mixture too quickly. Keep the heat around medium to medium-low. You don’t want to burn the mixture!
- Have the peanut butter pre-measured before you bring the mixture to a boil.
I rarely make a FULL batch of these oatmeal no-bake cookies. So the recipe you see below is a half batch. It will make a dozen cookies. If you make the full batch, good for you! I have zero self-control, so I’d eat all 24 cookies.
In fact, that reminds me of a story.
Here’s some background info, my husband is a medical school student. Yep. I see him a few hours a week. The first year of medical school was the most difficult. We just had our first child, and I was adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom. Our son, Bronson,
was is a terrible sleeper. The days he’d refuse to nap, I’d cope by making a batch of no-bake cookies. And I’d HIDE THEM. I didn’t want my husband to know I made the same cookies 3-4 days in a row. This is no lie. Go ahead, ask him.
So trust me when I say, I’ve made these a zillion times!
What are you waiting for? Make these stat!
If you love these classic no-bake cookies, check out these reader faves:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Never Fail Sugar Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. I never let it sit too long without stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir. Add the quick oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Lay out a small piece of wax paper. Drop by spoonfuls onto the wax paper. Let cool. Enjoy!