The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
My most favorite cookie of ALL TIME! These are The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies! They are soft, rich, and completely irresistible!
This recipe has evolved over the years. I’ve become famous amongst friends and family for making THE best no-bake cookies.
These soft, rich, and decadent no-bake cookies are my signature dessert. Is it sad that something so simple is my signature dish? I mean, they are so easy to make!
But the combination of chocolate and peanut butter… it’s a match made in heaven. Everyone knows this!
If you like watching videos, check out this short video of me making these No-Bake Cookies!
How do you make No Bake Cookies
- Grab a saucepan. Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil (stirring occasionally) for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the delicious peanut butter!
- Add the vanilla and the oats.
- Scoop onto wax paper and let set. Enjoy!
Tips for making No Bake Cookies
- Use quick oats. The Old Fashioned Oats are too large. I mean, you can use the old fashioned oats, but in my opinion, the quick oats make for a much more delicious no bake cookie 🙂
- Don’t heat the cocoa mixture too quickly. Keep the heat around medium to medium-low. You don’t want to burn the mixture!
- Have the peanut butter pre-measured before you bring the mixture to a boil.
I rarely make a FULL batch of these oatmeal no-bake cookies. So the recipe you see below is a half batch. It will make a dozen cookies. If you make the full batch, good for you! I have zero self-control, so I’d eat all 24 cookies.
In fact, that reminds me of a story.
Here’s some background info, my husband is a medical school student. Yep. I see him a few hours a week. The first year of medical school was the most difficult. We just had our first child, and I was adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom. Our son, Bronson,
was is a terrible sleeper. The days he’d refuse to nap, I’d cope by making a batch of no-bake cookies. And I’d HIDE THEM. I didn’t want my husband to know I made the same cookies 3-4 days in a row. This is no lie. Go ahead, ask him.
So trust me when I say, I’ve made these a zillion times!
What are you waiting for? Make these stat!
Do you love these No-Bake Cookies? Here are more reader favorites:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
My most favorite cookie of ALL TIME! These chocolate peanut butter oatmeal no-bake cookies are soft, rich, and completely irresistible!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, I use creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats, if the mixture seems too runny, add up to 1/4 cup more oats
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
When the butter has melted, add the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. I never let it sit too long without stirring.
Remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir. Add the quick oats and stir until evenly coated.
Lay out a small piece of wax paper. Drop by spoonfuls onto the wax paper. Let cool. Enjoy!