Hot Fudge Cake
Hot Fudge Cake works magic in the oven! A rich hot fudge sauce forms underneath a chocolate cake making for the perfect chocolate dessert!
This recipe is a chocolate lovers dream!
How to make hot fudge cake
Step 1: Make the batter
Combine the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
Stir in the milk, melted butter and vanilla. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer until smooth.
Spread the batter in a 9″ inch square baking pan.
Step 2: Make the sugar mixture
Next, you need to make a chocolate sugar mixture. Do this by mixing sugar, cocoa powder, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
Step 3: Add HOT water
Pour HOT water overtop.
Do NOT stir!
Step 4: Bake the Cake
Bake the cake for 32-35 minutes or until the center is almost set.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
Serve the cake in individual dishes topped with ice cream or fresh whipped topping.
Drizzle extra homemade hot fudge sauce overtop if you’d like!
If you like this recipe try these chocolate treats:
- The BEST chocolate cupcake recipe
- German Chocolate Cake recipe
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Cake recipe
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade chocolate pudding
- Moist chocolate cake recipe
Hot Fudge Cake
- Preheat over to 350°F. Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine ¾ cup granulated sugar, flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Using hand mixer, beat mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the 9 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, remaining cocoa powder, and the brown sugar. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot water overtop. Do not stir!
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve in individual dishes. Top with ice cream or fresh whipped topping.