Cranberry Cilantro Dip
Get festive with this delicious Cranberry Cilantro Dip! It’s delicious, unique, and the perfect appetizer for any holiday gathering.
I realize most holiday parties have probably already taken place. If you’re one of the few who haven’t thrown your party yet, then I’m in luck! And so are you! I have an addicting appetizer you need to make ASAP.
Cranberry Cilantro Dip isn’t you’re typical run-of-the-mill party food. So when you walk in bringing this delicious and unique dip, your friends and family will be begging you for the recipe! I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make. It’s just a matter of pressing the “pulse” button on your food processor. Easy peasy.
The above photo illustrates exactly what you need for this dip (minus the cream cheese).
Ingredients for Cranberry Cilantro Dip:
- Fresh cranberries. Every grocery store usually carries fresh cranberries come November.
- Green onions.
- Jalapeno. I add about 1/2 a jalapeño to my cranberry salsa. If you love salsa with a good kick, you might consider upping the jalapeño amount.
- Sugar, to balance the bitterness of the cranberries.
- Cumin, because, salsa.
- Cream cheese.
This dip is so addicting! You guys are going to love it! We gobbled it right up.
A festive cranberry salsa atop a spread of cream cheese.
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 4 green onions, chopped (heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon, heaping chopped jalapeno, seeded and deveined
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened.
In the bowl of a food processor, add the cranberries. Pulse until they are coarsely chopped. Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin, and lemon juice. Pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped. Place the mixture into a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.*
In a 9-9 ½ inch pie plate (or a serving plate of your choosing), spread the cream cheese in an even layer. Spread the cranberry cilantro mixture over the cream cheese. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with crackers. **
*If you're short on time, this step isn't absolutely necessary. Refrigerating the cranberry salsa just helps the flavor develop.
** This makes the perfect holiday appetizer!
Recipe Source: Salt & Baker