Healthy Almond Joy Bites
These Healthy Almond Joy Bites are loaded with chocolate, coconut, and almonds! Full of protein and yummy ingredients, these candy bar inspired protein balls will be your new go-to snack!
Healthy snacks have been on repeat at our house.I can only eat so many apples and grapes in a day. I need something filling that will keep me going for longer.
And preferably a snack that will keep me full for several hours. Myself and others have been making these no-bake energy bites and my oatmeal raisin energy bites. And while those are crazy good and highly addicting, I needed something a bit different… something with chocolate!
So here we are with a healthy Almond Joy energy bite recipe.
Ingredients for Healthy Almond Joy Bites
- Almond butter
- Old Fashioned oats
- Chocolate protein powder – any brand should do. But I would make it a protein powder you like!
- Cocoa powder – for added chocolateyness
- Shredded coconut – you can use sweetened or unsweetened. I used sweetened coconut.
- Vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds
- Mini chocolate chips
How to make Almond Joy Bites
It’s almost too easy, but all you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix them together.
Next, use a cookie scoop to portion the mixture into bite size servings. Use your palms to roll the mixture into round balls.
How to store them
Place the balls in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store them in the fridge or freezer.
If kept in an airtight container these protein balls will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or up to 3 months in the freezer.
These chocolate loaded protein bites are the perfect meal prep or mid day snack. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Subscribe to Salt & Baker
If you love these recipes, be sure and subscribe. You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out!
And don’t forget, if you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’ve made!
Healthy Almond Joy Bites
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 2/3 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened (I used sweetened)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form into 1 ½ - 2 inch balls.
- Place in a air tight container or ziplock bag and store in the fridge or freezer.